Fixtures

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
First Try Tickle

Re: Fixtures

Post by First Try Tickle »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:If there is one thing which annoys me hugely it is the massive gap between home games in some of the best part of the year. It treats us fans with complete contempt.
How can we ask the club to confirm that we will play home draws in the Cup at home? Can I just e mail the club?
I think this helps us. We play more home games towards the end of the season and are able to get some momentum.

Of our last 5 games, 4 are at home.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Caboosegg wrote:
Exiled Wiganer wrote:If there is one thing which annoys me hugely it is the massive gap between home games in some of the best part of the year. It treats us fans with complete contempt.
How can we ask the club to confirm that we will play home draws in the Cup at home? Can I just e mail the club?
I thought the RFL decided fixtures not Wigan?
They do, but Wigan and other clubs can put in requests before the fixtures are arranged (not sure exactly what they can request)

but in our case for the last few seasons i believe we have requested no home games between dates X and Y to allow for the pitch to be relaid.

Then along with Hull and Hudds, may also need to request away fixtures if the football team are at home which i dont think would be too difficult to be arranged. Although it does only seem to be the Latics who kicked up a fuss about Wigan playing on a Friday before a football game on Sat or Sun, but thats more to do with the state of the pitch than anything else
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Leeds first four games of the season are away, at their request, due to the new stand construction at the cricket side of the pitch.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

At least our home Catalans game isn’t in Barcelona
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

I do so enjoy summer rugby. It was a stroke of genius to move away from those cold months when statistics suggest the games are most likely to be called off. :roll:
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Levrier wrote:I do so enjoy summer rugby. It was a stroke of genius to move away from those cold months when statistics suggest the games are most likely to be called off. :roll:
I wonder how many games have been called off due to bad weather in the 20+ years of Superleague?
curryman

Post by curryman »

am I missing something? Why are we down to play Saints three times ?
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

curryman wrote:am I missing something? Why are we down to play Saints three times ?
Because we like beating them and we can chant 'champions' when we play them :D

Seriously though, it's because of the loop fixtures.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards