Fixtures

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Fixtures

Post by josie andrews »

Josie's friend wrote:
josie andrews wrote:The stewards were obnoxious to us when we played the 4 nations final.

Plus it’s a football stadium & without a screen that is visible to all but few fans!

Hopefully it may be different this time!
Are you sure that was at Anfield Josie?
Yes, the only ones who were decent were the ones inside.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Last time i went there kevin nolan equalized late on from a corner lol....... i was in the liverpool end and didnt get much appreciation for celebrating like i did....... other than that , wigan v penrith was the last time i think
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote:
Josie's friend wrote:
josie andrews wrote:The stewards were obnoxious to us when we played the 4 nations final.

Plus it’s a football stadium & without a screen that is visible to all but few fans!

Hopefully it may be different this time!
Are you sure that was at Anfield Josie?
Yes, the only ones who were decent were the ones inside.
I got a bit of grief from the ones outside if I remember rightly too the ones inside weren’t much better either if I’m honest not really looking forward to tomorrow if I’m honest
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I sort of remember going against widnes there as well....... think it might have been the then annual pre season friendly/cup winners/league winners match...... im not 100% though....... widnes won as well
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

bertina wrote:
No straw damn us wrote: Tuesday November 6th

Rumours are Magic Weekend at Anfield and double header Challenge Cup semis at Newcastle.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... st-2158404
Bloody Anfield!! Great, a weekend in Liverpool, can’t wait.????????
Surely they have got that the wrong way round!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

fozzieskem wrote:Unless there a sound reason for the move like St James's park not being available I cant see any reason for the move, other than the morons at the RFL of course, and we are dealing on a level of stupid that's staggering there.
I agree.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
si_bax

Post by si_bax »

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... -1-9428305

"Wigan are set to launch the new season against St Helens in January - their earliest start to a Super League campaign.

The new fixtures will be revealed at lunchtime tomorrow (Tuesday 6th)"
Fan4Fifty

Post by Fan4Fifty »

If the Saints fixture information is true it has to be one of the daftest decisions in the history of daft decisions. Biggest SL game of season, first up on a Thursday night in January. Plain stupid - IL must be spitting feathers!
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Fan4Fifty wrote:If the Saints fixture information is true it has to be one of the daftest decisions in the history of daft decisions. Biggest SL game of season, first up on a Thursday night in January. Plain stupid - IL must be spitting feathers!
The game will be played at Saints. In the last four non Good Friday games there attendances have been, 14,061, 13,138, 16,692 and 14,202.

I think first game up in 2019 will beat those.
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Last seasons Good Friday game was at Saints so its out turn next season.

So to start the new summer season the first game will be on a Thursday night in January.

I'm been waiting to decide on next years season ticket, but this has made up my mind.