Fixtures

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
No straw damn us

Re: Fixtures

Post by No straw damn us »

First Try Tickle wrote:Last seasons Good Friday game was at Saints so its out turn next season.

So to start the new summer season the first game will be on a Thursday night in January.

I'm been waiting to decide on next years season ticket, but this has made up my mind.
What's an AWAY game at Saints in January got to do with your Wigan season ticket decision?
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

No straw damn us wrote:
First Try Tickle wrote:Last seasons Good Friday game was at Saints so its out turn next season.

So to start the new summer season the first game will be on a Thursday night in January.

I'm been waiting to decide on next years season ticket, but this has made up my mind.
What's an AWAY game at Saints in January got to do with your Wigan season ticket decision?
Because I got my fixtures muddled up in anger at a Thursday night game. :)

I've recently started a college course and this just reminded me of Thursday night games that I will miss.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Be digging out the double thermals for that one thats for sure, summer rugby eh
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I don't want to see winter rugby. I thought we were supposed to be leaving that behind for good. I know some here disagree, but for me, rugby league is a fast and skilful sport, and when probably the best two teams in the comp come up against each other, I want them to play at a time of year giving the best chance of good conditions.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

moto748 wrote:I don't want to see winter rugby. I thought we were supposed to be leaving that behind for good. I know some here disagree, but for me, rugby league is a fast and skilful sport, and when probably the best two teams in the comp come up against each other, I want them to play at a time of year giving the best chance of good conditions.
Exactly!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jao711

Post by jao711 »

Firestarter wrote:I sort of remember going against widnes there as well....... think it might have been the then annual pre season friendly/cup winners/league winners match...... im not 100% though....... widnes won as well
. Yes that was Widnes with Offiah. Mark Preston showed Martin the outside,twice.Oh Dear! Mark was quick but not quite that quick.I don’t think Monie picked him again,end of Wigan career.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Isle ov man was my favourite venue for those games..... atmosphere was electric...... i remember once versus widnes..... apparently a load ov widnes fans hadnt made the game due to missing ferries( or something along them lines)....nearly allthe crowd were cherry n white.......after the match we went too the presentation even though widnes had won..... all the wiganfans booed thenstarted chanting wigan really loud...... iwas only young and proud as punch...... the look on the widnes players faces was something ill never forget..... great memories
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Saints away first, then Leeds home, then the WCC.
Great start to the season, should be three BIG crowds.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

No straw damn us wrote:Saints away first, then Leeds home, then the WCC.
Great start to the season, should be three BIG crowds.
Hopefully with the start of the new season the Thursday night will bring the crowds back after a winter without our fantastic game ????

Would still prefer it to have been on a Friday though ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Aaarrggg. Just noticed that the WCC will be played on the Sunday night of half term week. The biggest ski week of the year and I'm away. Looks like I'll have to find a pub with Sky in Andorra. :( :(