New coach Adrian Lam checks-in to start his Wigan Warriors tenure

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
old hooker

Re: New coach Adrian Lam checks-in to start his Wigan Warriors tenure

Post by old hooker »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:Come on OH I am still waiting for an answer to my earlier question, 'If all our players are cheap then please explain how we always spend up to the cap limit and we are the only club to have two marquee players. Obviously, you know how much our players are paid, please enlighten us'.
When have I said I know what players are paid?As for being up to the cap we have lost Mcilorum, Sam, Sutty, Joel and Bateman.That is a huge chunk of our wages.So either Hankinson, Bullock, Hardaker and Greenwood are earning the same as the five I mentioned or we were over the cap.Listen, you believe everything IL says if you wish but I dont.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

old hooker wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:Come on OH I am still waiting for an answer to my earlier question, 'If all our players are cheap then please explain how we always spend up to the cap limit and we are the only club to have two marquee players. Obviously, you know how much our players are paid, please enlighten us'.
When have I said I know what players are paid?As for being up to the cap we have lost Mcilorum, Sam, Sutty, Joel and Bateman.That is a huge chunk of our wages.So either Hankinson, Bullock, Hardaker and Greenwood are earning the same as the five I mentioned or we were over the cap.Listen, you believe everything IL says if you wish but I dont.
I don't I look at the facts and we have spent the cap every year it has been in force and we will continue to do so in 2019, so how is IFL doing it on the cheap? Don't forget a number of our players have signed improved contracts and there are such things as incremental salary increases and bonuses all of which make up the cap.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
old hooker wrote:
I don't I look at the facts and we have spent the cap every year it has been in force and we will continue to do so in 2019, so how is IFL doing it on the cheap? Don't forget a number of our players have signed improved contracts and there are such things as incremental salary increases and bonuses all of which make up the cap.

Of course, SEFC.
And people are still looking for that famous magic money tree ! As long as it's not their own money !!
shaunedwardsfanclub

Nezza Faz wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
old hooker wrote: When have I said I know what players are paid?As for being up to the cap we have lost Mcilorum, Sam, Sutty, Joel and Bateman.That is a huge chunk of our wages.So either Hankinson, Bullock, Hardaker and Greenwood are earning the same as the five I mentioned or we were over the cap.Listen, you believe everything IL says if you wish but I dont.

Of course, SEFC.
And people are still looking for that famous magic money tree ! As long as it's not their own money !!
We are in a good place Nezza, people have short memories.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Interesting comment in Lam’s interview when he talks about the club making one or two signings.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:Interesting comment in Lam’s interview when he talks about the club making one or two signings.
link please
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Seem to rememember a few months back someone in NRL saying we had signed Mitch Aubberson
from the Roosters? Not seen anything since.
Think he's played centre or second row mainly but also 13, 9 and in the halves when needed. Plenty big game expierence and very well liked. A signing like that and a quality 7 aling with some of the youth kicking on would make a big difference to the look of our squad.
Would live to see Jack Wells get an injury free run with Greenwoid and Kibula it would give us more natural size.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
shaunedwardsfanclub

medlocke wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:Interesting comment in Lam’s interview when he talks about the club making one or two signings.
link please
https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2018 ... tement-lam