First interview with Joe Bullock

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

First interview with Joe Bullock

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan’s latest recruit discusses first week of pre-season

Describes working with new Warriors Head Coach Adrian Lam

Looks forward to facing his old club Barrow in pre-season fixture

Wigan’s latest recruit Joe Bullock has “really enjoyed” his first week in training with his new Warriors teammates and Head Coach Adrian Lam.

Bullock made the move from Barrow Raiders to the Warriors and made clear how much he was enjoying it so far. He said, “It’s been a tough challenge coming in from a part time environment into a full-time one but it’s something I’ve really enjoyed. All the lads and coaching staff have been really welcoming and I’ve really enjoyed the first week of training.”

On the key differences between full and part-time training, the forward said, “It’s the things we do off the field I’ve noticed a lot. We are well looked after. Adrian Lam has gone on about how we should appreciate what we’ve got and I certainly do having come from Barrow. It’s been a really good transition and I’m really looking forward to getting into it more.”

The Warriors squad have now spent a week with the new Head Coach, and Bullock was full of praise for him. “Yeah, he’s been really good (Adrian Lam), He’s very enthusiastic and he’s come in and set down his plan for the future so it’s been an interesting time for everybody, for the lads who have been here for the last year and also myself. It’s been the start of a good journey so far.”

This isn’t Bullock’s first time playing for Wigan, as the forward spent time in the Wigan youth setup, featuring for the U18s before heading elsewhere. He explained, “I then went to Leigh, then to Barrow, so it’s kind of a homecoming. A lot of things have changed since I was last here and I played a different position too. I used to play on the wing, so I’ve gone on a full journey trying to find the right position. I’m glad to be back and back training.”

It’s not just the surroundings of Wigan that the prop forward is used to either, having played with a number of Wigan’s first team in the Wigan youth setup. He said, “George (Williams), Olly Gildart and Sam Powell who are of a similar age to me who I played with in the U18s-19s team so it’s good coming in and knowing a few people. Then there’s obviously Chris Hankinson who I played with at Barrow so it was easy to come in with people I already knew.”

Bullock’s old side Barrow Raiders will be one of three clubs to face Wigan in pre-season and the prop certainly seems to be looking forward to it. He said, “I’m looking forward to that, hopefully if I am playing, which would be good. In my final game (for Barrow) I got injured so it wasn’t a sweet moment to end my career there. It would be nice to go back fit and fresh and put a good performance in against Barrow.”

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2018 ... ZM6FgY8.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ragman

Re: First interview with Joe Bullock

Post by ragman »

I strongly believe that this lad will be something special. He's a big unit with great leg speed, good feet and good hands. I can't wait to see him develop
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Well if nothing else, he's a journalist's dream!

Look forward to a few "bullocking" runs from Joe "The Bull" Bullock.
:D :D

And that's no bull.

I'll get my coat......
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wintergreen wrote:Well if nothing else, he's a journalist's dream!

Look forward to a few "bullocking" runs from Joe "The Bull" Bullock.
:D :D

And that's no bull.

I'll get my coat......
:lol: :lol:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan