South stand

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cumbria_warrior

South stand

Post by cumbria_warrior »

All, new considering moving seats to the south stand, currently in west and atmosphere a little flat.
I know south stand is unreserved seating but are people quite picky about their normal seat etc? And would you recommend the move?
Pie Eyed

Re: South stand

Post by Pie Eyed »

Don't know about "picky", but most people do tend to try to get the same seats every game.

There are about 10-12 of us, spread across 3 rows, but we always try to get the same seats and the first one(s) there will reserve the other seats for the rest.

Saying that, we are normally middle/middle of the stand, but ended up on the end of the middle block for 1 game last year, because we were all running late and someone had got there before us all and taken "our" seats.

There's no fuss if that happens, as we all accept that it's first-come-first-served, and it will happen occasionally.

(I don't know if it would be the same if you "stole" the seat of some of the idiot kiddies at the top of the stand though, so I can only speak from a more "grown-up" point of view)
Green Machine

Post by Green Machine »

Great if you’ve got someone to save you a seat . You don’t turn up until around 10 mins before kick off and the ones saving your seat has been at the stadium since 6pm.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Yes, rather selfish.
Do you use towels to reserve the seats?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

cumbria_warrior wrote:All, new considering moving seats to the south stand, currently in west and atmosphere a little flat.
I know south stand is unreserved seating but are people quite picky about their normal seat etc? And would you recommend the move?
I moved from the east about 4 years ago and nearly moved back when renewing for next season.

I like the south because my mates who are not season ticket holders can sit with me. Its also good that you can try different levels to see what's best and move if your unhappy with the people round.

But you can't see a lot of what's going on at the other end, and this often leads to people talking. This is the main reason for looking at returning to the east, its a great view of both ends.

Yes the atmosphere is a bit flat in the east, but I think that's the same everywhere as the game isn't exiting everyone.

But I'm in the south again this year, I've been very tempted to try the West, just so I can get a pint without queuing for 20 minutes.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Green Machine wrote:Great if you’ve got someone to save you a seat . You don’t turn up until around 10 mins before kick off and the ones saving your seat has been at the stadium since 6pm.
id sit in it anyway
Pie Eyed

Post by Pie Eyed »

Wandering Warrior wrote:Yes, rather selfish.
I don't understand your "selfish" remark at all. We're just a small group of friends who like to sit together.

We all normally get there within 15-30 minutes of each other, but seeing as we all come from different directions (West of Wigan, South of Wigan and one straight from work in Sheffield), at least some of us will normally be delayed by traffic.

As for "I'd sit there anyway" - Now who's selfish?
Would you do that if somebody had come in, put their coat/bag on their seat(s) and then gone to the toilet/bar?

Same thing.

Get off your (not very) high horse - Actually more of a Shetland Pony.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Pie Eyed wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:Yes, rather selfish.
I don't understand your "selfish" remark at all. We're just a small group of friends who like to sit together.

We all normally get there within 15-30 minutes of each other, but seeing as we all come from different directions (West of Wigan, South of Wigan and one straight from work in Sheffield), at least some of us will normally be delayed by traffic.

As for "I'd sit there anyway" - Now who's selfish?
Would you do that if somebody had come in, put their coat/bag on their seat(s) and then gone to the toilet/bar?

Same thing.

Get off your (not very) high horse - Actually more of a Shetland Pony.
non reserved seats, not selfish just exercising my right to sit where I want thats available