Lam hopes to confirm new signing 'in next couple of days'

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
sheepsteeth

Re: Lam hopes to confirm new signing 'in next couple of days'

Post by sheepsteeth »

I cannot believe that anyone on here let alone the club can think that Sammut would be a good signing even as a stop gap.

The halves we’ve got won us a grand final so why are we even talking about a failed super league player?
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

moto748 wrote:
old hooker wrote:Both are average so it matters little, I cant believe Wigan are signing players of this calibre.
You're a ray of sunshine as ever! :lol:

But surely, truth be told, the most likely scenario is that this would be a stop-gap for 2019, until SE (and more cap space) comes along.
More cap space after the players we have let go? dont make me laugh,
moto748

Post by moto748 »

old hooker wrote: dont make me laugh,
Clearly, there's little chance of that!

But the reason why there is likely to be little cap space left now, and why there will be more cap space at the end of next season, have been trotted out many times; I can't believe you are unaware of that.

Of course, you may think it's all a pack of lies, and believe what it pleases you to believe...
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
medlocke wrote:Surely not, we have no cap space left :roll: :D
About £120k unless somebody goes. Now if Widdop was to come in 2019, who would leave?
And you know this for a fact, Widdop in Lockers retires for the sake of the team just like Seuseu did and sell Budgie to the gold Coast (He wants back there as soon as possible), job sorted
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

sheepsteeth wrote:I cannot believe that anyone on here let alone the club can think that Sammut would be a good signing even as a stop gap.

The halves we’ve got won us a grand final so why are we even talking about a failed super league player?
Been mosying around on here not arsed to post for some time but you sir are absolutely correct

Save the money, put it away, don't sign for signing's sake. See how the season pans out and IF injuries occur THEN look at bringing in who ever is available. Don't waste it on someone like Sammut who is essentially a lower league quality player.

Bloody hell
Hastings - crap
Drinkwater - crap
Lam jnr - Not coming over

So let's cream ourselves that Sammut is available :roll: look at the list of those chasing him - Leigh, Workington and us :blush:

If you're going to pick up someone for a year as a stop gap (whatever that is) then try and get Cronk for a season

BTW Sammut is quoted as saying he had to leave London because he needed to be with his family who had moved back North and he was "missing them". Seeing as he lives in Cleckheaton I can't see him now deciding that Wigan is much better an option than London for being with his family
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

moto748 wrote:
old hooker wrote: dont make me laugh,
Clearly, there's little chance of that!

But the reason why there is likely to be little cap space left now, and why there will be more cap space at the end of next season, have been trotted out many times; I can't believe you are unaware of that.

Of course, you may think it's all a pack of lies, and believe what it pleases you to believe...
Make no mistake I will believe whatever I think is correct, I am aware of the excuses the club keep trotting out as you put it about the cap but I dont accept everything the club say.
catman

Post by catman »

Perhaps they've signed him to give Zack Hardaker s lift to training. Lol