Sammut signs

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wall_of_voodoo

Sammut signs

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
ancientnloyal

Re: Sammut signs

Post by ancientnloyal »

Hope he does well for us
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

During his first super league stint I really liked sammut - I’m not particularly disappointed with the signing in itself but again it’s not what we need - he is n off the cuff player and opportunist we need a string puller

I just hope they aren’t going to try to shoe horn him into that role otherwise it will be Dennis Moran mk2

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Give him the benefit of the doubt for 8 to 10 games
W1GANER

Post by W1GANER »

Massively underrated signing. Leeds, Warrington and Saints have signed much bigger named players which should get bums on seats.
Can’t see the Wigan fans who haven’t bought a season ticket for a couple of years running to the ticket office to buy one for next season on the back of that announcement.

Wigan need a star signing to up our attendances.
Woody1989

Post by Woody1989 »

Really uninspiring signing, not impressed at all. As soon as I saw that he'd left London I just knew it would be him we'd get. Our rivals are signing the likes of Blake Austin and we respond with a 31 year old championship-level player.

I hope he proves me wrong and has a big season but I hope Wigan have other players in mind for when Edwards joins next season.

On a related note, why has no one signed Drinkwater? Is he demanding ludicrous money or something?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I mentioned this last night to Lammy, but true to form he would not commit.

I am not too worried about this signing, he will help George & our other young halves along with Tommy. We really do need experience in our team.

I am just concerned about the Reserves & dual registration!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Lets give him chance, he'll have a legacy number after all.
I expect next year to be a transitional year anyway and we have signed write offs before and they've been top drawer!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

I cant help but feel if he was superleague standard he wouldnt have been at london.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

For me it’s not the quality of the signing it’s the player he is

I personally think he’s got a lot of talent and could do well at a big club but if you want the best of him you’ve got to let him be a maverick

We have a maverick in Williams - we don’t need another we need a player to pull the strings Morris now than ever as sams gone and Sean “calf injury” will sit out at least half the year

Powell is a grafter but had no leadership - Tommy is better @ 9

Like I say for me the fact he is from the championship etc any the disappointment it’s the fact yet again Wigan haven’t addressed the needs of the squad

He’s a goal kicker though at least
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure