Zak Hardaker back on board at Wigan Warriors... and here’s why Adrian Lam is excited

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
moto748

Re: Zak Hardaker back on board at Wigan Warriors... and here’s why...

Post by moto748 »

Joe only played 4 games for the Roosters; he wasn't given much of a shot. But the point is, no-one claims Burgess was a runaway success in the NRL (although Souths fans would have happy to keep him), but he scored 7 tries in 13 games for Sydney and Souths, whereas ZH managed 1 in 11 for Penrith, and never really looked up to it. So yeah, I stand by my claim.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

And another matter entirely as to who was the most influential player to his side, and how the rest of the team looked around for organization and, inspiration.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Without Sam last season we don’t win a GF it’s that simple!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Without Sam last season we don’t win a GF it’s that simple!
I thought it was Lockers amazing pass that won us the final?
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Without Sam last season we don’t win a GF it’s that simple!

Yeah agree, most likely wouldn't have got to Old Trafford !
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

medlocke wrote:
Who said that?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
medlocke wrote:
Who said that?
Not sure, It could have been SEFC
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Nezza Faz wrote:

Yeah agree, most likely wouldn't have got to Old Trafford !
So in a team sport you are saying it was all down to Sam's brilliance and inspirational form that wee got to Old Trafford never mind won it?!!

All I can say is thank God Davies and Manfredi did f*ck all in the final otherwise we would have had to rely even more on Sam's utter brilliance that got him in the running for man of the match - oh wait :wink:

I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Sams been good for us the tail end of the season but to say he got us there us just ignorant.
I think most of the team pulled their socks up as it was wanes last season and they wanted to give him a good send off.
pedro

Post by pedro »

wall_of_voodoo wrote:
moto748 wrote:So before his ban he was the best player in the country by a mile, but he patently wasn't good enough for the NRL? To take a name at random, Joe Burgess did better than that!
Not if you ask and Sydney City Roosters fans he didn't :wink:

Look I am no raging Hardaker fan but facts speak for themselves. He is a king sized plonker in the true Rodney style. However, in the last five Super League Dream Teams from 2013 to 2018 Sam Tomkins was selected once (in 2013 prior to leaving for NZ and then all his injury history) Hardaker in 2014, 2015, and 2017 with Jamie Shaul getting the nod in 2016.

As we are aware Hardaker was banned for 2018 so was pretty unlikely to be selected for the "dream team" of 2018 yes?

Looking at things from that perspective. He must have been doing something at least pretty bog standard to be selected as often as he was. But that "bog standard" was better than any other full back going around at that time whether it be Ratchford/Shaul/Tomkins/Lomax or anyone else you care to mention
cos they didnt play him. He scored 2 on his debut v souths and killed it for souths after it. they wanted him and he honoured his wigan contract but would have been easy to break it like every one lese does.