How well will we do?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

How well will we do?

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

What everyones gut feeling for this year

Personally i don't see any reason we shouldn't be in the thick of it. Other teams have recruited well so i expect it to be tough but i think we have got one of the strongest, if not THE strongest "squad" in the league. One benefit we have is although we haven't brought in a marquee like leeds/saints/wire we are also not pinning our hopes on the unknown. Zak i guess is but we know Morgan can do the job if Zak does go AWOL
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
fozzieskem

Re: How well will we do?

Post by fozzieskem »

Wigan will be there about a I’m sure but gut feeling this time round is Warrington to win grand final and Leeds for challenge cup.

I’m usually wrong but Warrington are inching closer to winning a big trophy,don’t like Prices’s style of rugby but it’ll win things in the end.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

As always at this time of year, it's a mixture of hope and doubts. I'm genuinely optimistic in the coach and squad.

I hope the promise of "flamboyant" rugby doesn't pressure Lam into taking risks too far - I'd love to see more adventurous play, but we also need to win games.

Another concern is the loss of Bitcon: in his time we have managed our energy levels brilliantly, not just in individual games, but particularly for the "business end". The temptation for a new coach must be to start with all guns blazing (especially with WCC match early on). If we do, we may regret it come September or October.

None of this is negativity. I'm genuinely optimistic but these are my underlying concerns. I'd love us to win the cup, beating Saints, Leeds or Warrington in the final. 27-0 my prediction :lol:
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

The change to backroom staff gives me the most concern.

The wigan trait in recent years is to still have fuel in the tank when most of the other teams are fully spent. This was obviously down to conditioning, which is now a unknown.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wes

Post by Wes »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote:What everyones gut feeling for this year

Personally i don't see any reason we shouldn't be in the thick of it. Other teams have recruited well so i expect it to be tough but i think we have got one of the strongest, if not THE strongest "squad" in the league. One benefit we have is although we haven't brought in a marquee like leeds/saints/wire we are also not pinning our hopes on the unknown. Zak i guess is but we know Morgan can do the job if Zak does go AWOL
Fancy another wager?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

All the trainers who worked with Bitcon know the pattern to follow so i think it will be business as usual in that area
pedro

Post by pedro »

wire, saints and leeds above us. They have added well and we havent
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Lost our best 2 players, Lockers wont do a full season and our recruitment has been poor.Lam has a big job and if he can get us in the top 5 will have done well
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

We will be lucky if Lockers finishes a match