Ian Lenagan would 'love' joint-season tickets for Wigan Warriors and Wigan Athletic

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Ian Lenagan would 'love' joint-season tickets for Wigan Warriors and Wigan Athletic

Post by josie andrews »

Ian Lenagan believes Wigan Warriors and Wigan Athletic will work even closer together – and would “love” to launch a joint-season ticket to watch both clubs. He and executive director Kris Radlinski recently met with Darren Royle, who has been appointed executive chairman by Latics’ new owners, Hong Kong-based IEC.

Lenagan expects their relationship to grow even stronger. He said: “I’m delighted that we have supporters that are Latics season-ticket holders, too - I’d love for us to be selling joint-season tickets for Latics and Warriors.

“I think our community departments are getting closer and closer together. “There’s a lot of practicalities involved in it, but I think there will be other ways where we will get closer together in the near future because I’d rather it be Wigan against the world than Wigan Warriors against Wigan Athletic. There’s no point doing that.”

Lenagan, until recently the Football League chairman, has crossed paths with Royle in the past and reported their first meeting was a success. “It went very well. It was a very positive first meeting,” he said. “Darren Royle is a great guy, and I know him from before.

“But what’s nice to see is their plans, where they are going over the next two or three years, and I think there’s an opportunity for even more togetherness between Latics and Wigan Warriors. “It’s always sad to see someone leave, but you’ve got to recognise that Dave Whelan and David Sharpe in the last few years have done a great job as far as Wigan Athletic are concerned. “Rather than being disappointed that they’ve stopped, I take a view that says the last 20-odds years that Dave has been involved have been superlative for Latics, and the way in which Wigan Athletic have been in the Premier League, and winning the FA Cup, is all great as far as Wigan is concerned.” Lenagan believes hostilities between some sections of supporters is both a minority and fading into history. “I think the antagonism is a thing of the past, and it’s more connected to the days where Wigan Athletic were in the lower reaches of the Football League and Wigan RLFC were in the higher reaches of rugby,” he said.

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... -1-9552933
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Re: Ian Lenagan would 'love' joint-season tickets for Wigan Warriors and Wigan Athletic

Post by Caboosegg »

As long as i can get my ticket without the football side i see no harm in this.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
OAMJSONA

Re: Ian Lenagan would 'love' joint-season tickets for Wigan Warriors and Wigan Athletic

Post by OAMJSONA »

he can push it were the sun dnt shine as simple as that i am Rugby thorough bread through and through and not a mongrel

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

OAMJSONA wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:56 pm he can push it were the sun dnt shine as simple as that i am Rugby thorough bread through and through and not a mongrel

You don't have to buy one, so why do you object to others having the option?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Mike wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:16 pm
OAMJSONA wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:56 pm he can push it were the sun dnt shine as simple as that i am Rugby thorough bread through and through and not a mongrel

I’ve said exactly the same thing.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I wonder how many people can afford to buy both?

Get a family and it can’t be cheap that’s for sure but if it’s an option then why not though as I say I wonder if the numbers make it worthwhile?
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:21 pm

I have not said anything about anyone else , only my feelings
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

bertina

Post by bertina »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:21 pm

I think it's a great idea. makes no difference to me personally because i'm not a big fan of football, but i have plenty of friends that are into both.
For some people the club can't do anything right.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

The idea was suggested many years ago at the club AGM. Good to see that the powers that be listen to the paying public.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards