Saints v Wigan: Game thread

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Warrior20

Re: Saints v Wigan: Game thread

Post by Warrior20 »

Don’t think it was too bad for the first game. Although stains have won I don’t think they were that much better than us. Losing Clubb was a huge blow. Got to say, I thought hicks was terrible.
SJ

Post by SJ »

Good game tho'.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Looking forward to seeing sammut at scrum half. Kicking game can’t be any worse than Williams or leuluais. Hopefully he can lead abit better as well as we looked lost on the last tackle at times
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

So either hicks need to look at his reffing or someone needs a word with powell. To many easy penatlies given.

On a plus everything they got came from a penalty play. When they didnt get easy metres we looked the better team.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
pedro

Post by pedro »

thats the problem though, we are a dumb penalty giving team.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Didn’t trouble them enough on attack. Gave too many penalties away.

Interesting comment on the BBC live feed on the last try.
How good is James Roby? Still. There are some awesome hookers in the Super League - McIlorum, Clark, McShane etc...

But this guy must still be the best.
I am afraid Powell isn’t even in the etc. If with the new subs rule means we end up playing an 80min hooker we need someone more skilful.

fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

DaveO wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:08 pm Didn’t trouble them enough on attack. Gave too many penalties away.

How good is James Roby? Still. There are some awesome hookers in the Super League - McIlorum, Clark, McShane etc...

I am afraid Powell isn’t even in the etc. If with the new subs rule means we end up playing an 80min hooker we need someone more skilful.
Who though? Clear there’s no money so it’d have to be Tommy back again at hooker and if it’s his last season the problem remains,I’ll put money Powell will continue at hooker.

Bullock excellent a real find
pedro

Post by pedro »

your right but doesnt make it right. Poor recruitment this year and it showed.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

fozzieskem wrote:
DaveO wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:08 pm Didn’t trouble them enough on attack. Gave too many penalties away.

Who though? Clear there’s no money so it’d have to be Tommy back again at hooker and if it’s his last season the problem remains,I’ll put money Powell will continue at hooker
I don’t know but they should have thought about it in the off season rather than taking the easy option of extending his contract. For this season it would have to be TL. He’s been NZ test hooker. I am not aware of any young hookers coming through. Ganson didn’t look the solution on the few games he got previously.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

End of sets was poor. They were strong when we were short of Clubb and Navarette. Some wrong decisions too which let us down. Farrell was quiet on the right side.
Lam has a lot to think about this week.