If Sarge is missing

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
southportcdm

If Sarge is missing

Post by southportcdm »

Sorry to see that Sarge may not be fit for Sunday after he started the game well on Friday. This may however present a great opportunity to Forsyth or Hankinson. I see they're both playing for Swinton this afternoon so perhaps the best one gets to start in the WCC with Gilly back to his favoured side?
medlocke

Re: If Sarge is missing

Post by medlocke »

Hankinson
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I'd go hardaker with escare at FB. But if the others have good form I'll happily go with the coaches decision (I've not seen enough of hankinson to make a call)

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

There is always Isa at centre will be a bit more tough to get past defensively but I’d have Escaré at FB Hardaker right centre, Gilly on the left
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
formulamoto

Post by formulamoto »

dont count on morgan being chosen
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Lam sweats on Sarginson selection

Adrian Lam on Dan Sarginson’s hopes of a World Club Challenge appearance next Sunday.

Sarginson picked up an ankle injury in the first half of Wigan’s victory against Leeds on Friday.

Lam: “Because of a late fluid blow-up (in the ankle), we just made a decision: ‘let’s look forward to next week’.

England centre Dan Sarginson will be named in Wigan’s World Club Challenge side and be given until next Saturday morning to prove his fitness.

The 25-year-old played no part in the second half of the Warriors’ 34-16 win over Leeds at DW Stadium on Friday night after failing a dramatic fitness test during the break.

Coach Adrian Lam confirmed the former London and Gold Coast three-quarter was in serious doubt for the world title bout with Sydney Roosters at the same venue next Sunday night.

“I think the great thing about Sarginson and this game is we’ve got nine days,” Lam said.

“So we’re going to give him every opportunity - probably up until captain’s run. He’s a big part of our side, he’s a great leader within the side. He’s probably been in our top two pre-season trainers. He was going to go on in the second half so that’s a positive. Because of a late fluid blow-up (in the ankle), we just made a decision: ‘let’s look forward to next week’.

“We thought we had him covered. Let’s hope we made the right decision.”

Perth-born Sarginson suffered a season-ending shoulder injury after just six games for Gold Coast in 2017 and agreed to cut short his NRL stint, which was to also include last year, to rejoin Wigan.

While missing the World Club Challenge would obviously be a massive blow to the player himself - the shoulder injury also cost him two months of his return season - his unofficial wikipedia biographer would also no doubt be crestfallen.

The unknown chronicler wrote in Sarginson’s current Wiki entry: “Daníel, on the side of his career as an incredible rugby player, is partial to a vast knowledge of orca hunting strategy as he believes it will aid in his attacking prowess within his own sport.

“On cheat days, can be found indulging in a Roman bowl of chips, as history dictates the Emperors of Rome would, in their prime.”

Get your tickets for the biggest game in World Club Rugby League now by clicking HERE or calling 01942 311111

Fancy meeting players from both teams and getting your picture with the Super League, Telstra Premiership and World Club Challenge trophies? Click HERE for more information on our World Club Challenge VIP Event on Thursday 14th February.

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2019 ... WiciIp9.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

If it where me I’d leave Hardaker where he is,Wigan are going to need him there next week and I’d go with Isa or at a push Hankinson.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Not Isa for me, his positioning is poor and his tackling is average when playing at centre.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
doc

Post by doc »

Forsyth got a try and Hankinson 2 goals for Swinton who had 10 Wigan or ex Wigan players in their squad today.

Personally I would go Gilly at left centre and Hankinson at right centre.
wigtop

Post by wigtop »

I agree with doc. Where do we fit Sammut in the squad.? How about Sammut in the halves, Tommy and Escare on the bench. So, two forwards on the bench. Flower and Locky have played long minutes so perhaps we could manage only two bench forwards which raises the question, who will they be?