Wigan vs roosters

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Wigan vs roosters

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:07 pm Jesus wept if I had Cronk playing next to me my Lardy arse would be SL standard,excuses all the time where Williams is concerned
Not an excuse just an opinion.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:57 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:07 pm Jesus wept if I had Cronk playing next to me my Lardy arse would be SL standard,excuses all the time where Williams is concerned
Yes its an opinion as was mine but people are making excuses for him, i don't know if he can progress or wether this is it, but I'm sick of seeing "he needs this, that or the other"to be honest with you.
shaunedwardsfanclub

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:17 pm
Fair enough but I think the solution is getting better players around him. Tommy and Powell are simply not good enough, I would like to know what their try assists are.

Yes its an opinion as was mine but people are making excuses for him, i don't know if he can progress or wether this is it, but I'm sick of seeing "he needs this, that or the other"to be honest with you.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Takes a lot of wrong options does Williams IMO. I'm not sure hes a "natural" rugby player. He seems to be taught things and does them over and over regardless of whether it's the best thing to do. We'll see though, a few more seasons of experience and he maybe the best in the world.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

A few more seasons?,how many does he need?.He should be taking games by the scruff of the neck but does not have the ability or he would have shown that by now.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Is williams the new target this season? He cant be that bad Bennet keeps putting him in the england set up!

The amount of tries he creates for us is a worry then as if a average half is our main threat we are not going to win anything ;)
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
bertina

Post by bertina »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:20 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:17 pm

Fair enough but I think the solution is getting better players around him. Tommy and Powell are simply not good enough, I would like to know what their try assists are.

I totally agree. He is the marquee player, he is the one that should be running the show, not depending on someone else to do it for him. pretty much a one trick pony, short kick to the line or nothing.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:44 am
Wintergreen wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:50 am
old hooker wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:29 am Once again the Aussies proved they are so far ahead of us.Sarginson, Lockers and Greenwood played well, Davies and Gildart had shockers.Our front row were by battered by their props.Hardaker less than average.Williams had the chance to show if he is as good as some people think but he did nothing to say hes better than average.Take away his short kicking game and he offers very little.
Pretty much agree with that, slightly more favourable to Williams though.

The reality is that unless the RFL increase the salary cap, then results like this are inevitable (or at least highly likely and to be expected).
Who’s to say that even if the SL (isn’t it the chairman who vote on an increase,I lose track with this nonsense)where to increase the cap would they spend up to it?

There seems to be more than a few clubs that don’t spend the cap now do it seems pointless to up it if it’s not being spent now.
That's a seperate argument. My point is that unless RL in this country does increase it's cap, then we will be forever behind Aus. It's just the reality of the situation.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Caboosegg wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:52 am Is williams the new target this season? He cant be that bad Bennet keeps putting him in the england set up!

The amount of tries he creates for us is a worry then as if a average half is our main threat we are not going to win anything ;)
Not for me, I'm staying loyal to Powell
shaunedwardsfanclub

medlocke wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:50 am
Caboosegg wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:52 am Is williams the new target this season? He cant be that bad Bennet keeps putting him in the england set up!

Not for me, I'm staying loyal to Powell
What's happened to Lockers?