Spectator Behaviour

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
The Yonner

Spectator Behaviour

Post by The Yonner »

Another beer throwing incident during the WCC match.

This time a patron in the East Stand decided to launch a full can of beer at the Sydney goalkicker as he was preparing for the conversion to the last try.

I remember when Colin Tyrer used to aggravate the life out of home and away supporters alike with his seemingly never-ending kicking procedure, but I'm pretty sure nobody ever saw fit to throw an object at him, and it was all part of the entertainment.

With this coming a day after a mass brawl at Haydock races I am worried this country is going to descend towards fascism on current trends.

Looking around the ground last night it seems our demographic is returning to the pre-super league era, i.e. predominantly male, pale and middle aged.

We have already lost many of the females and young people who got interested at the start of Summer rugby.

They won't be coming back any time soon if this is what goes on.
Caboosegg

Re: Spectator Behaviour

Post by Caboosegg »

I saw the bottle being thrown, im presuming it could only be a adhoc supporter as apart from verbals ive not seen anything similar in years.

However on the demographic, i sit in the east stand and there was plenty of females around and during normal matches we even get a few kids.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I think I’m the youngest in the West. And I am 34
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
jobo

Post by jobo »

ancientnloyal wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:48 pm I think I’m the youngest in the West. And I am 34
:lol: :lol:

Thought I was the youngest and I'm in my sixties.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Oh plenty of females about that’s for sure but and I’m what 53 now is a worry bar a little lad who sits down the row from us there’s very few young ins to be seen.

As for the incident it’s worrying,the club need to at least try and get a grip on any sort of unruly behaviour before it sets in
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

My grandson might be a contender for youngest in the East Stand, he's 5.
Not me I'm a bit older!