Golden point.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Golden point.

Post by Caboosegg »

Must say that has left me more sour than if we had just lost at the whistle.

Game decided by a flip of a coin. Thats not entertaining, all thats going to happen is cheating for extra metres and a drop goal.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
ancientnloyal

Re: Golden point.

Post by ancientnloyal »

Entertainment for the Hull fans who were brill!

I’d like to see an NFL style overtime where you score a try to win it. Drop goals or goals only count when time is up
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:57 pm Must say that has left me more sour than if we had just lost at the whistle.

Game decided by a flip of a coin. Thats not entertaining, all thats going to happen is cheating for extra metres and a drop goal.
Not sure it was the flip of a coin but more a silly penalty that got them 30 yards up the pitch. Bilko and Joe Mills distraught all the game, no defence, players on their knees, no attack, inability to pass/catch the ball whoa, woe, wo
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Don’t like the golden point it’s not needed the draw was the right result today,two poor sides battling and bungling it out,Hull look a busted flush and I’d say have far more problems than Wigan yet they got the win by virtue of Sneydamd the toss of a coin let’s hope it’s a one season wonder
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I said when this new rule came in I didn’t agree with it & I still don’t! And that’s not because we lost, because I didn’t feel we deserved it.

Golden try maybe but not from a penalty or a drop goal. ☹️

I said exactly the same when North Queensland won the NRL Grand Final with a drop goal, it is so wrong & so disheartening for the losing team.

My other gripe in this game is that the referee gave a penalty in extra time for lying in the way of the play the ball!

Why then did he ignore it in the previous 80 minutes from both teams all the way thru the game then suddenly decide he needed to pick up on it? Inconsistency!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Because Thaler likes to make the game about him Josie.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
doc

Post by doc »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:20 pm My other gripe in this game is that the referee gave a penalty in extra time for lying in the way of the play the ball!

Why then did he ignore it in the previous 80 minutes from both teams all the way thru the game then suddenly decide he needed to pick up on it? Inconsistency!
Because Thaler only gets paid for 80 mins and didn't want to do any unpaid overtime!

Seriously though he waved play on when Hull tried this on during the 80mins as per RFL instructions to stop players milking penalties.

You can't afford to give away a penalty during golden point time and Bullock should have moved heaven and earth to get out of the way and back on side. As soon as the penalty was given it was obvious that Hull would drive towards the sticks and go for a DG at the first opportunity. We missed Clubby not putting any pressure on the Hull kickers.

Losing Greenwood seemed to disrupt us. Gabe Hamlin mistimed his runs two or three times in what overall was a decent performance from him. i also thought we had a bitmore zip about us with Sammut on the field.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

fozzieskem wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:33 pm Don’t like the golden point it’s not needed the draw was the right result today,two poor sides battling and bungling it out,Hull look a busted flush and I’d say have far more problems than Wigan yet they got the win by virtue of Sneydamd the toss of a coin let’s hope it’s a one season wonder
Hull were the better side.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

Maybe they were but after 80 mins it was level ,then the referee chose his moment to decide the game with a premeditated penalty late in the tackle count.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:25 am
fozzieskem wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:33 pm Don’t like the golden point it’s not needed the draw was the right result today,two poor sides battling and bungling it out,Hull look a busted flush and I’d say have far more problems than Wigan yet they got the win by virtue of Sneydamd the toss of a coin let’s hope it’s a one season wonder
Hull were the better side.
Only just a draw was the right result between very poor sides,but yes by a whisker Hull Jung on to get the draw and with sneyd they where always likely to grab a win