Hull

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Nezza Faz

Re: Hull

Post by Nezza Faz »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:14 am
Nezza Faz wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:59 am Missing Sam's organization in the D, his yelling, putting his structured line in place, the energy, aggression etc.

Also his contribution in the right side attack, two or three times it was lackluster and cried out for his linking up there.

Also, missing Bateman for his 80 minutes input into everything.
And let’s be brutally honest and fair here Wanes coaching of the defence,it’d be wrong in my view to not count him in the picture
Of course, but Wane's not playing ! Once the players cross the line, it's up to them to perfect that plan.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

So is everybody enjoying the ‘entertainment’ at the moment?

That’s what it is all about right?

Not winning rugby, just entertaining rugby!

:D
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:22 pm So is everybody enjoying the ‘entertainment’ at the moment?

That’s what it is all about right?

Not winning rugby, just entertaining rugby!

:D
Well 10900 on a sunday with the sun out... i just think people are making excuses to why they cant be bothered turning up.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

On a lovely afternoon there really wasn’t much excuse I just think that the games in deep trouble when a hotbed like Wigan is drawing poor crowds then yup the game is in the mire
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:12 pm On a lovely afternoon there really wasn’t much excuse I just think that the games in deep trouble when a hotbed like Wigan is drawing poor crowds then yup the game is in the mire
It amazes me. Its sunday they should have put a family fair on, with a shopping centre next door and eateries nearby people could have made a day of it.

The rfl/clubs need to do more advertising in general though.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I thought there was supposed to be outside entertainment on Sunday!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:29 pm I thought there was supposed to be outside entertainment on Sunday!
I didnt see any unless it was at other side,

I sit in east but walked to costa coffee its normal on the carpark area.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I’m in the East too & didn’t see anything either. It’s always behind the South/East stand or in the Arena car park
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wiganrealist

Post by Wiganrealist »

Not my first post used to post before but got fed up of being threatened by someone who no longer posts.
Anyway my thoughts on Wigan, they remind me of the old tv comedy ”Never mind the quality feel the width”. We seem to have sacrificed class for a big average standard squad which has reduced in quality as years have gone by and I know you will say we have won trophies but at the end of the day you can only beat the teams against you and in general they have been worse than us.
Our recruitment has been mediocre, it was absolutely clear last year that we needed at least one half back and a new right centre but got neither, I don’t count Sammut even though I think he’s better than the others ( he doesn’t have to brilliant) but he’s just not good enough and I don’t think the players bought in to replace those who left are as good as those who left
At the moment Lam does not seem to solving the problem but he can only work with the players he has got and they are not capable of doing what he wants. Having said that he has some seriously bad ideas. I believe Gildart is a quality left centre probably in the top five in Superleague but he would not be in the top ten as a right centre so why move him to play Sarginson who does not get in the top ten on either flank and who is totally incapable of passing the ball to a winger, he was praised for his break against Roosters but if you analyse it you will see that a dropped ball from Roosters fell into his hands and he was clear, he had Marshall on his left shoulder (the fastest player at Wigan) but instead of using him he veered right into the centre of the field where all the Roosters pack was waiting for him, I think brain dead sums him up. I will not hazard a guess as to why Powell is still being picked, he is incapable of throwing an accurate pass when he is moving and passes mostly when he is standing still and then to players who are standing still. Yes he makes a lot of tackles but this is merely being used as an excuse to keep him, he is not Wigan standard and would struggle in the Championship.
The Roosters showed us how Rugby League should be played, their pivots attacked and drew our line and then passed at speed but also had three or four choices of who to pass to, what I’m trying to say is they played with plenty of movement while we play standing still and that’s before you consider the fact that we have no pace.
I realise that we will never again have the quality of players we had in the eighties but I look at the current squad and see only two or three who would be coveted by the majority of other Superleague teams. In all honesty I cannot see St Helens, Warrington, Leeds or Hull for that matter being interested in any of our players because they already have better players than our best (I exclude Lockers from this but his age would rule him out) and that’s a sad state of affairs. IL and Rads have taken us down a very slippery path over the last few years and have been saved by the fact that we have continued to get into finals but the current policy will only drive fans away.
Finally I love Rugby League it is the best game in the world but it has to be entertaining not just about winning, the RFL do a crap job in promoting it but that’s no reason why Wigan should copy them.
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

Always try to be positive...........but not much to be positive about on Sun. At one point we had only one prop on the field, two half backs, two hookers/ half back wannabes and a looseforward/halfback wannabe which equalled everyone getting in each other's way and no one knowing where they were supposed to play...

Also Sammut last season was an 80 odd percent goal kicker !!!! Why was Hardaker who has never been a first choice kicker anywhere he's played still kicking?? Would Sammut have got that last kick at goal???

Lams style of play and his substitutions is baffling at the moment.

Not looking forward to Wire away.

Matt