Wigan Warriors' George Williams in fresh link with NRL - report

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Nezza Faz

Re: Wigan Warriors' George Williams in fresh link with NRL - report

Post by Nezza Faz »

old hooker wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:27 pm
Nezza Faz wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:09 pm
OAMJSONA wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:44 pm He would probably be on the first plane back if and when he goes to Aus . Quite simply not good enuff
Funny, 'cos there's 5/6 NRL teams think he is !

Wayne Bennett had him 1st choice for England (who beat NZ).

I reckon they know a bit about half back play ?
Its a pity Williams doesnt know about half back play

I think that questions been answered above.
I'd tend to go with the knowledge and background of a few experienced NRL coaches, than some amateur one's on here - some of whom have their own agenda.
And both SL players and England ones praise his game, he'd be snapped up by just about every SL club, if he became available to them. Or do you disagree ?
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Nezza the Aussies signed Joe Wardle, Sarginson, Mossop, Jordan Turner , Greg Eden just to name a few.They obviously thought they were worth a punt but obviously the all came back as failures which goes a long way to proving Aussie coaches are not as perfect as you think and the players i have mentioned were not good enough and Williams will be the same, hes overhyped and overrated and the sooner he goes the better.That is my opinion and everytime I see him play he endorses that opinion.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:40 pm If (when) George goes we have three options that the club has persistently taken and will take again

1. Promote from within which means Josh Woods, Harry Smith or Joe Shorrocks

2. An overseas half already playing over here in this country who will be available at the end of this season

3. A championship player who's done the rounds abit

Long shot could be Owen Farrell BUT despite the fact his wages wouldn't count on the cap (well at least for a year) I am under the impression our cloth is being cut accordingly to the ambition
Are you serious? Never going to happen.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

medlocke wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:13 am
First Try Tickle wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:11 am
medlocke wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:35 pm Powell is the stumbling block, Unless we can trick Wakefield into taking him along with a little money for Fifita, To sweeten the deal we could throw in Tautai :D
Haven't Wakefield got an extra half back currently playing out of position at full back ??
He's not Wigan standard
At the moment most of our team are not of Wigan standard. Hampshire has come on since leaving Wigan. I don't think he would come back after being shipped out.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

captinjack wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:10 pm
First Try Tickle wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:11 am

Haven't Wakefield got an extra half back currently playing out of position at full back ??
He's not Wigan standard
At the moment most of our team are not of Wigan standard. Hampshire has come on since leaving Wigan. I don't think he would come back after being shipped out.
Hampshire has come on under Chester,he’s finally accepted he’s a FB it seems
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

fozzieskem wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:21 pm
He's not Wigan standard
Hampshire who held Wakefield to ransom for his contract as he still thought he was better than he was :?:
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Bit like the Wane scenario this rumour!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:55 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:21 pm

Hampshire who held Wakefield to ransom for his contract as he still thought he was better than he was :?:
Id forgotten about that to be honest.
pedro

Post by pedro »

its his first Season at fullback as he was in the halves last season. Maybe some good man management at Wakey. I suppose it helps that hes from over there so will have a better network.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

To the Williams detractors.
Go back to last season when he got injured and see what happened. Then when he came back Wigan won every game, that's how important he is to us.
Williams has the best running and short kicking game in Superleague for a half back (that's from a superleague coach and player) . What he doesn't have (yet) and may never have is a great organising/passing game. That's really where we miss Sam Tomkins another who many "fans" wanted rid of.
Be careful what you wish for, losing Williams would cause us no end of problems, but the know all fans who wanted rid of Sam and Wane would have got there way and no doubt will have the next scapegoat(s) lined up from their armchairs or bar stools!!