Shaun Edwards

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Shaun Edwards

Post by DaveO »

Edwards made the same point about the similarities of RU and RL in the press conference.

As to coaches like Chester he would be as big a gamble as anybody. There have been plenty of coaches who have looked good coaching mediocre teams but when given the chance with a better side or one with more potential fail to deliver consistently.

You see this all the time in football where some coaches make a very decent living getting sides promoted from lower divisions but never end up at a top side and for good reason.

It’s a bit of a catch 22 for coaches like Chester. The only way to find out if he’s got the potential to coach a top side is for one to take the risk but when Leeds were looking they went for Furner rather than try and prise him away from Wakey. Same with Saints and Wire who went for overseas coaches.

Despite the different sports I think Wigan went for Edwards because he’s proved he can coach at the highest level as well as the fact he isn’t exactly alien to RL.

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Barney841 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:29 pm The only English coach I would take a punt at would be Chris Chester. Plays good rugby and Signs decent players and seems to get the best out of his players
The problem there being Chris wouldn’t sign any players it’d be Radlinski or Lenny on the cheap whilst Wire buy an Origin forward for less
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I dont get this thread....... edwards says anything can happen,which all of a sudden means hes not coming to wigan???...... lets stop worrying about next season and get back onto this season......im sure lammys got lots too offer yet in attack...... as for defence..... we always improve this as the season gets to the important part......im sure we will put it right and im also sure that edwards has already got tactical plans and players next season
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE