London game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Re: London game

Post by nathan_rugby »

morley pie eater wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:01 pm 1. Escaré
2. Davies
3. Hardaker
4. Gildart
5. Isa

I know it sounds weird having Isa at 5, but would have had a number of advantages, including:
*Escaré can catch
*Gilly on his proper side
Are you honestly suggesting play Isa on the wing or is it a joke?

If it is the former, do you even watch/understand Rugby?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

I do agree with Morley on one of his points, Escar'e needs to be in the squad. Use him like Leeds used Burrows, bring him on for the last 20 minuets of each half to open the opposition up. Or let him take over the position of hooker and get rid of Donkey Powell.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

captinjack wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:16 pm I do agree with Morley on one of his points, Escar'e needs to be in the squad. Use him like Leeds used Burrows, bring him on for the last 20 minuets of each half to open the opposition up. Or let him take over the position of hooker and get rid of Donkey Powell.
What skills has Morgan got that will make him a good no 9? Is this a case of he should be in the team at all costs?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

No Powell should be out at all costs
wigtop

Post by wigtop »

2. Davies
3. Hardaker
4. Gildart
5. Isa

I know it sounds weird having Isa at 5, but would have had a number of advantages, including:
*Escaré can catch
I see your points, however if Manfredi is fit?
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

nathan_rugby wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:21 pm
2. Davies
3. Hardaker
4. Gildart
5. Isa

*Escaré can catch
Are you honestly suggesting play Isa on the wing or is it a joke?

If it is the former, do you even watch/understand Rugby?
Be much better with Flower on the wing and Clubb at full back :lol:
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Our problem as I have pointed out before is we cannot decide where to play Leuluai and Powell. Neither are creative enough to be specific scrum halves. Sammut at scrum half it is then, because that was the way someone at the club thought it was the way to go.

TL however cannot play 80 minutes at hooker but Powell can.

What is the point of having an 80 minute hooker if we persist in subbing him for someone who main attribute is running from dummy half - something we as a team do not do. Either stick with Powell for 80 unspectacular but workmanlike minutes OR place Leuluai at hooker and have someone else who can go into that role when he needs the break.

Garbage tactics to interchange Powell and TL and then for fans to complain because all we can do is shovel bloody Isa into the backline as the rest of the bench is used to rotate the forwards.

Message for Lam - STOP ASSUMING ISA CAN PLAY IN THE BACKS - HE CANNOT (despite his willingness)
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll: