How long do we give Lam

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
stanthemanc

How long do we give Lam

Post by stanthemanc »

Is it time for Wigan to say bye bye to Adrian lam now or do we leave it till mid season when no fans turn up to games and we’re at the bottom of the table . He’s had 4-5 months with the players and they have gone backwards from what I’ve read and heard on the radio we couldn’t beat Newcastle thunder at the moment,all the other teams must be pissing themselves laughing and saying when they play us here’s 2 easy points .christ Widnes will have more points than us at the end of the season and they had 12 points deducted.thats my rant over what do other fans think
pedro

Re: How long do we give Lam

Post by pedro »

last week
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I always got the impression SW left was because he knew what was coming this season...... if so, fair play to him
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Firestarter wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:21 pm I always got the impression SW left was because he knew what was coming this season...... if so, fair play to him
We take stock at Leeds rebuilding but that’s what they’re doing rebuilding a side it’ll take a couple of years but at least Sinfueld is backing Furner with signings.

It always puzzled me as to the real reason Shaun left I got the impression he’d have loved to rebuild the side?
pedro

Post by pedro »

replace him with Rads and let him coach the shit hes signed
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

We don’t need to rebuild though! Simply replace Tomkins and Bateman like for like and phase out Leuluai and Oloughlin. Powell easily back you st Pats .

Bad times

Maybe Lenegan saw 2006 and reckoned we can get big crowds if we are up for relegation!

As for Lam... he won’t be sacked. But from the off this one year deal was weird for all parties
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

When we were looking for a new coach and before the Lam then Edwards thing was announced Lam’s name came up at the time as a candidate for head coach outright on the forums.

I said then why? He has had no head coach experience. Sure he’s coached PNG but not for long and so I could not see the logic in him being touted as a viable choice.

Now granted he’s been unlucky with injuries already in games with several players concussed and he’s had the rug pulled from under him by being given a weaker squad but it should still not be losing to the likes of London. There should still be enough quality in the side such that just playing basic steady RL should see off London.

Decisions like playing Escare on the wing are just stupid.

At the moment I think we’d have been better given the job to Winder as caretaker even if it meant another season of Waneball.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
pedro

Post by pedro »

hes not going to get a gig in Aus is he. They might take away his citizenship after this season
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

It wouldnt be so bad if it wasnt the same issue every week. Defense should not just disappear that has to be the coachs tactics/ Ability to get player ready.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

ancientnloyal wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:31 pm We don’t need to rebuild though! Simply replace Tomkins and Bateman like for like and phase out Leuluai and Oloughlin. Powell easily back you st Pats .

Bad times

Maybe Lenegan saw 2006 and reckoned we can get big crowds if we are up for relegation!

As for Lam... he won’t be sacked. But from the off this one year deal was weird for all parties
Lockers,Tommy must be due to hang up their boots,Flower,Clubb both in their 30s

Williams seemingly wants away that’s a rebuild for my money and like Leeds the club are sleep walking into it