Is Everybody Happy?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Is Everybody Happy?

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

With our style of rugby? Not me!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Southern Softy

Re: Is Everybody Happy?

Post by Southern Softy »

Well, I posted this after the Saints game and got monstered. Looked at it again and the last few displays have only reinforced my view - er.. apart from the Ben Barba bit, obviously! Not sure how we replace Faz - I think Isa is past his sell-by date.

I can't quite believe how sanguine fans are about last night which was beyond awful.
The only players who can hold their heads up today are Marshall (excellent, despite having no service); Flower (awesome and on the pitch for so long(; Greenwood (tried hard as ever); Bullock (big yards and looking very good) and Hamlin (always went forward with force).
As for the rest, Powell may have tackled all night but was a walking penalty; George had a shocker; Tommy looked off the pace and not really there; Sarginson missed every important tackle bar one and stropped his way round the pitch achieving nothing and Hardaker seemed to have no idea about defence. Where was he when the tries went in, particularly in the first half?
As for the rest - distinctly average.
Tactically it was a disaster. even slower than Wane's attack - whoever was nearest kicked on the sixth - move every ball to the right and then Faz cuts back inside and gets clattered - I never thought we would score in the second half. Even our two tries were down to individuals. Ben Flower being brave and smart, using the post as a decoy and Liam Marshall intercepting and proving to be the fastest man on the park.
It made no difference but Hicks was as incompetent as ever and decided after 50 minutes that Saints were going to win so he could wander off miles from the action. Percival rearranges Hardaker's face - no penalty. LMS puts his hand on every Wigan player at the PTB - no penalty.
Please get Morgan into the halves and Tommy to hooker or Morgan at FB and Hardaker on the halves (possibly). Failing that get Ben Barba now that he's available (joke!) And try Greenwood on the right with Faz in his normal position.
Still cross at what I saw and thought I might have calmed down but I haven't. And I don't see how Sammut is going to make a difference either.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:27 pm With our style of rugby? Not me!

I'll comment in about 3-4 months, when the team have had a chance to learn the style that we are trying to play.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I am neither despairing nor ecstatic. I like some aspects of what Lam is trying to do, and hold out high hopes that we will improve massively over the next few weeks.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Not happy but have hope. Behind the scenes is crap
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

I,m not sure how anyone can be happy to be near the bottom of the table and performing as bad as we are.However we must hope Lam can turn it round, I think he can imrove us but with the squad we have we will not make the play offs.
01tentpeg

Post by 01tentpeg »

would be if we had a good number nine like we used to have plus half back and centre those positions would make me happy , can't see it happening