Got our 2 points back

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: Got our 2 points back

Post by fozzieskem »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:12 pm Common sense and justice has prevailed. These matters should always be adjudicated by independent people. The original decision makes the game look stupid.
Wasn’t the original ruling from an independent tribunal?least ways that’s how the original statement came out anyway.

Nothing to be proud of,although I always thought the points docking was over the top the fine was right and just,as the club admitted they went over the cap.

I’ve no doubt it was an error but from now on I hope this sort of thing doesn’t happen again,of course the easy way to get round is to ditch the damn cap but that’s for another day.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

We lose at london then get our two points back...... mmmmmmmm very dodgy
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Facebook has gone into meltdown
Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

The most depressing thing here is that some people think that £14 grand is enough to influence the outcome of a season, sweet Jesus, how little is the average RL player earning if £14 grand over a year is enough to influence the season? It’s less than £500 each for the whole squad it’s a tenner a week. The finances of RL are so out of whack with what we expect no demand of players its scary.

i get the cap is a cap thing, but the figures involved are minuscule.

To me it highlights how underpaid our players are, I remember an agent being appalled at a kid who played in the grand final 2 years ago was on less than minimum wage, and we are talking about signing George Ford on ½ a million a year, how will that sit with the rest of the squad?
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:12 pm Common sense and justice has prevailed. These matters should always be adjudicated by independent people. The original decision makes the game look stupid.
The original decision was also taken by an independent tribunal.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

fozzieskem wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:49 pm
Wasn’t the original ruling from an independent tribunal?least ways that’s how the original statement came out anyway.

Nothing to be proud of,although I always thought the points docking was over the top the fine was right and just,as the club admitted they went over the cap.

I’ve no doubt it was an error but from now on I hope this sort of thing doesn’t happen again,of course the easy way to get round is to ditch the damn cap but that’s for another day.
The original was a independant tribunal set up by the RFL
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Lazy J wrote:The most depressing thing here is that some people think that £14 grand is enough to influence the outcome of a season, sweet Jesus, how little is the average RL player earning if £14 grand over a year is enough to influence the season? It’s less than £500 each for the whole squad it’s a tenner a week. The finances of RL are so out of whack with what we expect no demand of players its scary.

i get the cap is a cap thing, but the figures involved are minuscule.

To me it highlights how underpaid our players are, I remember an agent being appalled at a kid who played in the grand final 2 years ago was on less than minimum wage, and we are talking about signing George Ford on ½ a million a year, how will that sit with the rest of the squad?
The money wasn’t even paid to players. It was money paid to players agents as agents fees.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Glad we got the points back given our current form.

Whether the original tribunal was independent or not doesn’t matter. What does is they and the RFL managed to ruin the start of a new season with the negative publicity due to coming up with such a ridiculous decision and announcing it when they did.

If it had just been a fine as it should have been I doubt it would have been the front page news that it was.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Mike wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:35 pm
The original decision was also taken by an independent tribunal.
I meant independent from the game.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards