Shaun Edwards, Welsh RU Coach

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
moto748

Re: Shaun Edwards

Post by moto748 »

If Lam did do well this season, and, contrary to what has been said, agree to stay on, would we care?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

He was at the London Skolars game yesterday. Along with Shaun Wane & Martin Offiah 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
si_bax

Post by si_bax »

moto748 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:47 pm If Lam did do well this season, and, contrary to what has been said, agree to stay on, would we care?
If Lam did do well does that guarantee he would stay, I thought one of the reasons he took the job was to give him more experience and open up more doors in Oz
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

si_bax wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:54 am
moto748 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:47 pm If Lam did do well this season, and, contrary to what has been said, agree to stay on, would we care?
If Lam did do well does that guarantee he would stay, I thought one of the reasons he took the job was to give him more experience and open up more doors in Oz
I think this is spot on and the primary reason he was happy with a 1 year deal.

I have to say, describing the Wigan job as "one option" is quite worrying if you want SE to be the next coach.
SJ

Post by SJ »

jobo wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:06 pm
ddtftf wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:44 pm He should have said yes i have a contract to take over as coach at Wigan in 2020 not " Yes thats an option but things could change " :? :? :? :? :?
Agree.

By saying Wigan is only an option seems to imply that nothing, as of yet, is signed.
This is concerning and clarification from the Club sought
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

What worries me is that I am told that Giz has not signed a contract!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
ian.birchall

Shaun Edwards, Welsh RU Coach

Post by ian.birchall »

Interesting article in todays Telegraph.
Welsh rugby will greatly miss him when he departs for Wigan at the end of the year. The 52 year old is a no-nonsense operator who takes few prisoners on the training field, at the same time he is a deeply thoughtful man motivated to improve his players.
97 cap test career Jamie Roberts says 'Shaun is a very honest guy, he'll tell you when you've messed up and he'll praise you when you do well. He's a guy who cares deeply about seeing guys improve. He's so passionate and the guys love that. I loved working under Shaun. You'd come in on a Monday after a game and he'd have your name up on a projector and the critique of every players. He's a tough taskmaster but a genuine bloke, it didn't make for pretty reading at times.
The thing I remember most clearly is the passion in his delivery as a coach. I'll never forget one of his lines, 'If you miss a tackle, I miss a tackle. He feels like he is out on the pitch with us'
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Shaun Edwards, Welsh RU Coach

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Giz won’t put up with this shower.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:05 am Giz won’t put up with this shower.
He’s going to have too,should he decide to come
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

amusingly this read like a comment about a recent ex wigan coach :D

The 52 year old is a no-nonsense operator who takes few prisoners on the training field, at the same time he is a deeply thoughtful man motivated to improve his players.
'Shaun is a very honest guy, he'll tell you when you've messed up and he'll praise you when you do well. He's a guy who cares deeply about seeing guys improve. He's so passionate and the guys love that. I loved working under Shaun. You'd come in on a Monday after a game and he'd have your name up on a projector and the critique of every players. He's a tough taskmaster but a genuine bloke, it didn't make for pretty reading at times.

lets hope he brings this back to Wigan
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.