Shaun Edwards, Welsh RU Coach

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ddtftf

Shaun Edwards

Post by ddtftf »

Is it just me or do you think he has been offered a big money contract with RU and is looking for an excuse to back out of his Wigan contract, just odd that he states he was always going to go back to RU mmmm :( :( :( :(
fozzieskem

Re: Shaun Edwards

Post by fozzieskem »

I still think it’s a huge risk him taking over,I care not about what he’s done in Union it speaks for itself but he’s done nothing in league,I’m sure he knows this too and I’m sure if he’s being offered a new deal in Union it’s dwarf what he’s been offered by Wigan,due to his excellence in that code.

Do I think he will come to Wigan? I’d say it’s 50/50 and if Lam does really well he won’t come but I’ve got a terrible track record at tipping things so we shall see
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

ddtftf wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:33 pm Is it just me or do you think he has been offered a big money contract with RU and is looking for an excuse to back out of his Wigan contract, just odd that he states he was always going to go back to RU mmmm :( :( :( :(
No. the reason he didn't come in the first place was because he said he didn't want to break his contract with the WRFU so close to the world cup. If hes signed a deal with Wigan I expect him to honour it.IMHO
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

If its mutual between him and IL then he is not breaking the contract , if Lamb does well then IL will look to the financial side he will save .
jao711

Post by jao711 »

ddtftf wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:33 pm Is it just me or do you think he has been offered a big money contract with RU and is looking for an excuse to back out of his Wigan contract, just odd that he states he was always going to go back to RU mmmm :( :( :( :(
And they’re off.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Blimey where's this come from. Imo if he wanted to stay in union he would not have even considered wigan job as for him being offered a kings ransom to stay i would have thought he would have already have been offered that before wigan interest for what my opinion is worth don't think money is the motivation it's the desire to prove he can be successful in both coaching codes. Hey but I may be way off mark
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:52 pm Blimey where's this come from. Imo if he wanted to stay in union he would not have even considered wigan job as for him being offered a kings ransom to stay i would have thought he would have already have been offered that before wigan interest for what my opinion is worth don't think money is the motivation it's the desire to prove he can be successful in both coaching codes. Hey but I may be way off mark
From here.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rug ... t-15682876

I have to say this is very different than the tone/words at the press conference.
And when asked if he still had intentions of taking over at Wigan in 2020, he added: “Yes, that’s still an option but things could change, you just never know what’s around the corner.
This is the bit that suprised me!
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

He's at the game in London today.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

He should have said yes i have a contract to take over as coach at Wigan in 2020 not " Yes thats an option but things could change " :? :? :? :? :?
jobo

Post by jobo »

ddtftf wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:44 pm He should have said yes i have a contract to take over as coach at Wigan in 2020 not " Yes thats an option but things could change " :? :? :? :? :?
Agree.

By saying Wigan is only an option seems to imply that nothing, as of yet, is signed.