Shaun Edwards, Welsh RU Coach

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian.birchall

Re: Shaun Edwards, Welsh RU Coach

Post by ian.birchall »

pearsy wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:17 pm So he has just helped Wales to win the grand slam is this the last he will win for awhile or will he come at all if Wales win the World Cup or Wigan get relagated
I liked Jonathan Davies comment as the clock ticked upto 80 minutes with Ireland still on nil that he thought Shaun Edwards as the defence coach might actually smile at the end of the game.😁
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

pearsy wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:17 pm So he has just helped Wales to win the grand slam is this the last trophy he will win for a wile.If Wales go and win the World Cup or Wigan get relegated I can't see him comming
More chance of us winning 100-0 on Good Friday.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Gary Carter of the sun reporting Edwards hasn’t signing a contract which even finds strange...

Can only go off what’s been put on Facebook but it doesn’t look good at all
https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/s ... ref=twtrec
Last edited by fozzieskem on Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EagleEyePie

Post by EagleEyePie »

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/s ... ref=twtrec
“On my future, my next step really is to sign a contract, I haven’t signed a contract with anybody yet,” Edwards told Press Association Sport.

“I haven’t signed a contract. The only team I’m not going to go to is Wales, because the new coach is going in a different direction.

“I agreed with Wigan and thought we would sign a contract,” said Edwards.

“But then Wigan said, ‘it’s OK, we’ll sign one later’, and I thought that was unusual. And that was nine months ago.

“I agreed to go to Wigan, but I never signed a contract.

“I’ll consider all offers, league, union.

“All I can say is that I haven’t signed anything with anybody.”
I think Shaun is making it quite clear that he hasn't signed a contract! What an absolute shambles this is. If the club wanted him as head coach then why the hell did they not sign a contract with him?
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Id imagine thats so if Lam did it all and wanted to stay that we wouldnt have to break a contract with Edwards.

However it also looks like hes fishing for job offers elsewhere.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

If he goes anywhere else next season. Yhen Il needs to look at himself.

Get him a contract to sign asap or Tony Smith might be our next coach.
EagleEyePie

Post by EagleEyePie »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:13 pm Id imagine thats so if Lam did it all and wanted to stay that we wouldnt have to break a contract with Edwards.

I can't imagine it being for any other reason. However, the club have made themselves look a bit stupid here if he ends up signing somewhere else. If Edwards was our man then we should have made him sign a contract. The club only signed Lam as a stop gap because Lenagan wanted Edwards and we needed someone to fill in for a year. So if we lose out on Edwards to another club then the whole Lam situation is for nothing.

As soon as the club started hedging their bets the situation became a joke.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

EagleEyePie wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:29 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:13 pm Id imagine thats so if Lam did it all and wanted to stay that we wouldnt have to break a contract with Edwards.

I can't imagine it being for any other reason. However, the club have made themselves look a bit stupid here if he ends up signing somewhere else. If Edwards was our man then we should have made him sign a contract. The club only signed Lam as a stop gap because Lenagan wanted Edwards and we needed someone to fill in for a year. So if we lose out on Edwards to another club then the whole Lam situation is for nothing.

Fully agree and i can imagine if there isnt something else to this the fans dont know yet that alot of people on the fence about season tickets next year may not invest.

Even though im not 100% behind the edward coming with no RL experience, this is a slap in the face.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:33 pm
EagleEyePie wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:29 pm

Fully agree and i can imagine if there isnt something else to this the fans dont know yet that alot of people on the fence about season tickets next year may not invest.

Even though im not 100% behind the edward coming with no RL experience, this is a slap in the face.
Slap in the face by whom?

Lenegan or Edwards?

The whole situation was stupid from the off you want a coach who not available you thank him and move on simple as that,I can’t think in any sport of this situation arising,wait till the following close season yes of course but not the thick end of 18 months,it’s ridiculous
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

I can't believe how we've let this situation occur. Shaun is talking as if he doesn't feel wanted by Wigan and I can't blame him if the situation is as has been reported today. What are we playing at? Many fans were happy to accept the one year Lam appointment on the basis that he was probably taking charge during a transition period and that everything would be sorted for 2020. If Lenagan doesn't really want Edwards or perhaps isn't prepared to meet his terms, we have plenty of time to sort out a top coach for next season. It would help if the chairman would let us know what his plans are. If things continue to go badly well into the season it would be sensible to give the new coach time to assess the squad and decide on signings well before next season.