Shaun Edwards, Welsh RU Coach

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Shaun Edwards, Welsh RU Coach

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

THE JUDGE wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:58 am
Wintergreen wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:50 pm Absolutely unbelievable.

Why on earth hold a press conference to announce the signing of a coach who you haven't actually signed?

Shocking.
This whole shambles smacks of DONALD TRUMP cos we all know how he would agree with the way IL is managing this fiasco
More like a Jeremy Corbyn laissez faire attitude.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Why does the club always take local lads for granted? They may have a passion for the club but they are entitled to be treated with respect and in a manner fitting of this great club.

My view is that Giz has decided to force their hand, it is now up to the powers that be to commit to their intentions, which they should have done months ago, or face the enormous flack that is coming their way! Does anyone else get the feeling that the supporters are being taken for a ride? We have enough problems on the field, we could do without this distraction.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:04 am Why does the club always take local lads for granted? They may have a passion for the club but they are entitled to be treated with respect and in a manner fitting of this great club.

My view is that Giz has decided to force their hand, it is now up to the powers that be to commit to their intentions, which they should have done months ago, or face the enormous flack that is coming their way! Does anyone else get the feeling that the supporters are being taken for a ride? We have enough problems on the field, we could do without this distraction.
I agree basically it seems SE has called out Wigan, really worrying how the club is being run
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Superb Chops

Post by Superb Chops »

DaveO wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:08 pm Then he will have deliberately trashed the reputation for integrity and honour he has cultivated and will have burnt all bridges with respect to Wigan...
Everything about the episode leaves a sour taste to this long-term Wigan supporter, but this point has stirred me to post for the first time.
For a few years the club has been sliding, so carrying out an Adrian Shelford-type screw up isn't wholly surprising.
But - to me, worst of all - Edwards is better than his approach in the past few weeks. Heck, only in January, he was happy to be seen publicly with Lam at the Skolars friendly.
If Edwards has changed his mind about coming in recent weeks, I'd have more regard if he just said so.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ancientnloyal wrote:Is that even a statement?
I think it’s significant for what it doesn’t say. Clarify his intentions? I think it’s Edwards who wants the club to clarify its intentions and the fact the statement doesn’t say he’s contracted to the club contradicting Edwards assertion he hasn’t signed a deal is significant.

Why he has done this in public via interviews and press statements is anyone’s guess.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Nonsense statement.

If IL/KR had done their job correctly (and I am still perplexed as to why they thought this was not needed before a TV conference), the contract would have been signed before any announcement.

Ask Shaun his intentions? Name me one area of business that requires "intentions" and not "contracts" and I will show you a soon to be ex-business.
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Maybe he's looked at the present squad at Wigan and thought he could not weave his magic on that lot.plus what IFL is prepared to spend and thought mission iposable get out as quick as possible
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

If you view it like this... you’ve been promised a job, you agree to it but nothing is official... as time goes by you start to wonder if it will happen and in the mean time other opportunities arise and you think I may miss this op. If nothing is clear here... it’s happened to me and it’s a bad feeling waiting on someone’s ultimate competence.

IMO Shaun has no option but to state facts when asked. If asked in private by media he will have said the same thing. You can’t say you’re going somewhere when it isn’t official. Arsenal nearly cocked up with Higuain a few years back he was a cert to sign for Arsenal it was all but signed then he moved to Napoli! Social media was presented too!

If anything, I am sure Twickenham and a few RU teams are aiming to move quickly on this prized asset.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame