Dear Mr Lenegan,

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: Dear Mr Lenegan,

Post by Caboosegg »

DaveO wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:23 am
Caboosegg wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:50 pm needs spell checking tommrow but i shall be emailing the club with the below; i have tried to take any knee jerk reaction out of it and i've always considered myself a Happy Clappy season ticket holder...
That letter proves you still are. Apart from a bit of mild implied criticism about the Lam / Edwards deal in point 2 you offer no criticism of Lenagan himself for downright stupid decisions like shipping out McIllorum and Tomkins and making such signings as Sammut!

He will love you. On the back of your letter he can blame everyone but himself which is what you accuse Lam of doing.

Thats because i don't agree with your Anti Lenegan at all cost sentiment DaveO, i don't believe he should be criticism free as he is partially to blame for this... its his obsession with Edwards that has mean we where looking for a 1 season coach.... however as i said i wanted to avoid a knee jerk everything is bad reaction and actually raise the 2 points that in my opinion it boils down to.

1. Our Defense has gone, you can claim its because of players in vs players out but the 17 players on the pitch vs Hull/London/Hudds in my eyes where better than the opposition 17, we all know they can defend, if it was just our very poor attack i might view it different but Hudds last night where making so many metres both before and after contact it was appalling. in many cases its their own errors that stopped them scoring more!!!

2. i don't see how this makes me a happy clapper still? i clearly saying that with a Off season/Pre season and 6 games together we should be seeing what Lam has said he wants to bring. we are not our attack is worse, or defense is worse... we don't have the safety net of the middle 8's anymore (ironically partially due to IL) and if London and Huddersfield can look good vs us then that relegation spot currently looks between us and leeds. as i cannot prove either which it is out of the players not playing for Lam or Lam not being good enough i have tried to put both. however Lenegan hired Lam and untested first team coach for 1 year.. it might not directly say it but to me its pretty obvious if Lam isnt the right person then it is Lenegans fault for hiring him!

if you are unhappy DaveO, contact the club yourself, you can easily list all your issues, but from experience of dealing with complaints, you generally find the calmer none accusation ones carry more weight and are more likely to be looked into compared to the ones that just basically go your S**T the teams S**T Wigan are S**T.

i don't however expect a response or it even to be read (the famous Spam button) by the club. however i felt the need to do this to calm some of my frustrations.

i will still be going to the matches, i paid for my season ticket and despite the performances those players are still putting there bodies on the line (as we very much saw last night).
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.