Williams

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
acwrlfc

Williams

Post by acwrlfc »

I am staggered how Williams is seen as a marque player and being chased by Aussie clubs when you break it down what is his main strengths. I posted last week I d take Lomax over him every day of the week he is a much more rounded rugby league player . Williams has been built up for years but if you watch him on a regular basis his contribution is limited. He isn't young anymore a England international

We are suffering from the hype of IL/KR and to an extent Wane surrounding Williams and other Wigan born /produced players. Who in their eyes can do no wrong but from from a specator angle are massively disappointing and in my eyes overated.

In my fustration after the shambles tonight i would say let Williams go asap and see how he goes in the NRL as he is hardly ripping up Super League. The most hyped up player is SL and for me has a great deal of flaws in his game for a SO, passing poor , long kicking game poor. running game?

Two strengths short kicking game and D.

Also an appalling body language.
pedro

Re: Williams

Post by pedro »

Id be staggered if the Aussies are still circling
moto748

Post by moto748 »

pedro wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:00 am Id be staggered if the Aussies are still circling
Me too. But who have the Raiders got? After getting rid of Austin, they've got who; Hingano and Cornish? Neither are amazing, but I'm not convinced GW is any better.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Siezer is still there aint he?
moto748

Post by moto748 »

pedro wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:14 am Siezer is still there aint he?
Yeah, I meant to partner him.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

acwrlfc wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:53 pmWe are suffering from the hype of IL/KR and to an extent Wane surrounding Williams and other Wigan born /produced players. Who in their eyes can do no wrong but from from a specator angle are massively disappointing and in my eyes overated.
Powell is a fine example as well. He's a lot worse than GW but seems one of the clique.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Williams has been very poor so far this season but sky would have you believe he’s a superstar,I wonder if Gale had been fit for the test matches last autumn would he played,given he didn’t through the World Cup ?
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

I never been on the "anti Williams" bandwagon, but I am now thinking he needs to go, both for him and Wigan.

If he does have talent that isn't being tapped into at Wigan, and getting picked by Wayne Bennett suggests that he does, then he should go for his own sake.

Wigan will also benefit as at the moment he is not playing like a stand off should do.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

He's being asked to play a different game under Lam. Under Wane we played with split halves, Williams on the left and Leuluai on the right.
Do we need to go back to the system that worked so successfully or do we give Lam time to make his system work?
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

When the left side had Burgess (or Marshall), Gildart, Farrell (or Greenwood), Williams with SOL chiming in, it was the most potent attacking force we could possibly have. Last night, it was obvious that our only proper means of attack were Escare & Gildart and they hardly ever saw the ball.
Need to get back to the basics on the left-hand side ASAP.