Williams- it’s now Official (according to the WEP)

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Williams- it’s now Official (according to the WEP)

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors' George Williams 'agrees three-year deal' to join Canberra Raiders

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... -1-9643931
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Re: Williams- it’s now Official

Post by Caboosegg »

I know that players want to move to the NRL. But i would like to see just one player want to play for the wigan shirt. I blame the RFL though they have made it so we cant even promote the sports/players properly.

Atleast Burgess honoured his contract when he could have easily not and stayed at bunnies.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
MiThor

Post by MiThor »

Let Him go now, his body is at Wigan, his head at Canberra
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:41 pm I know that players want to move to the NRL. But i would like to see just one player want to play for the wigan shirt. I blame the RFL though they have made it so we cant even promote the sports/players properly.

Atleast Burgess honoured his contract when he could have easily not and stayed at bunnies.
Sad to say those days are over,and the majority that do stay aren’t wanted by the NRL,look at Lockers he stayed here and is in all probability last of a dying breed of being good enough for the NRL and not wanting to go
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Wigan are heading for a Cross Roads moment another 2005 IMO.

Lockers cant go round again if he does he will be next to useless, Tommy shouldn't have gone round again this time. Williams was our last decent half back option because lets face it;

Tommy = Shot
Powell = Championship player at best
Sammut = Poor mans Williams
Sharrocks = Never kicked on
Woods = too slow from what ive seen

The club needs a major overhaul and i fear we have left it too late like we did in 2005 holding onto farrell till he was a complete crock, like saints did with Scully/Long/KC, like leeds did with Sinfield/Peacock/Maguire.

I feel there could be a rough couple of years before we recover again we've let too much quality go and not kept enough
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
pedro

Post by pedro »

he was man of steel in 2004...signed for RU midway through 2005. Hardly a crock
pedro

Post by pedro »

pedro wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:44 am he was man of steel in 2004...signed for RU midway through 2005. Hardly a crock, Peacock? Won everything in his last year and was immense.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

pedro wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:44 am he was man of steel in 2004...signed for RU midway through 2005. Hardly a crock
he gave everything he had in 2004 and 2005 spent most of the year before signing for RU on the table for a back problem, unless im completely remembering it wrong. My point was more we held onto the fact that Farrell would bail us out like we are doing with Lockers now - you need to replace them before they go really
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
bertina

Post by bertina »

Hope he enjoys his time in the Australian reserve grade.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

The downside to this is that IL will sign him back for 2021 as a marquee again.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame