Should Lam be sacked?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.

Should Lam be sacked?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:40 pm

Yes
14%
No
86%

Total votes: 42

pedro

Re: Should Lam be sacked?

Post by pedro »

he shouldnt be sacked due to the stupid decision to have a 1 year coach in the first place. If it was a 3-4 year contract then maybe. Its ok saying give him time. People were saying that about Millward until the penny dropped that we actually werent getting better and we needed to act fast. There is a massive possibility of us getting relegated as we have nothing to look forward to. No stars to turn to and think when they return we will be ok....
Fan4Fifty

Post by Fan4Fifty »

The jury will be out for some time - but Lam needs time. Three points:

- it isn't just two influential players/leaders that we've lost from last season but pretty much a whole backroom team as well to add to the disruption;
- we are troubled with injuries/suspensions again; I'm sure that Flower, Farrell, Tautai, Burgess, Manfredi, Marshsall would make some difference;
- it's feasible to argue that we could have won that game last night if the ridiculous decision to penalise, then sin-bin, Willie Isa had resulted in a penalty for Wigan following Westwood's head butt.

We are lacking in some areas, but maybe, just maybe, Lam was right that a corner was turned.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

If you bin Lam off do you offer a job to a coach for 20 games tilk Giz comes?
IL never sacks em, look at the rubbish we got from Noble, let him do the full season then change.
We are in transition and some have had extensions to contracts that are quite baffling!!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

There is no logical reason to sack Lam,after a handful of games would be stupidity.Who would we appoint?,Who would want the job for less than a season anyway? This is not a ridiculous thread by the way,and if posters wish to criticise Lam they can but i am not one.
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

Lam for the chop? :shock:
I think we should wait till the season is over and let it sort itself out.
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

I think the fact that 78% of voters say no shows that most people think we shouldn't even be voting on this.

Anyway back to calling Sam Powell, last night he never even made a tackle.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

First Try Tickle wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:47 pm I think the fact that 78% of voters say no shows that most people think we shouldn't even be voting on this.

Anyway back to calling Sam Powell, last night he never even made a tackle.
😂😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

No, unless he continues with the style of play. I think it should have become apparent that we don't have the skills to play his brand of rugby. Get back to basics and build some confidence in the team.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Would 78% say he shouldn't be sacked if Sw had these set of results?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

pearsy wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:54 pm Would 78% say he shouldn't be sacked if Sw had these set of results?
He did in 2016!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan