Should Lam be sacked?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.

Should Lam be sacked?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:40 pm

Yes
14%
No
86%

Total votes: 42

jaws1

Re: Should Lam be sacked?

Post by jaws1 »

I'm with Lam on tonight's game the players did play with a bit more effort we lost and the knockers on here want him hung and dried .Lam is facing an uphill battle Bateman and Tomkins not replaced like for like our chairman is in cost cutting mode which will backfire on him. Just look at Daryl Clarke and compare him with Powell who got an improved contract extension and should be nowhere near the Wigan team. The dead wood should be sorted out and rebuild again too many players past there sell by date and players not good enough for Wigan. Why have a squad of 35 players when the only option is dual reg and loan arrangement if only we had A team fixtures that would be fine .If you have average players then you get poor results too many contracts given out to mediocre players is filling the cap without having any marquee players who put bums on seats Williams is a marquee player who wants to go to OZ don't give him a get out of jail card why can we not keep our best players at Wigan??
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Not yet.

The squad he has to work with are not SL standard.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Wintergreen wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:38 am Not yet.

The squad he has to work with are not SL standard.

Rubbish yes it is, we have lost our star player bateman but Tomkins was replaced with another Star fullback.

Not much else has changed weve had powell and tl as halves hookers for a while.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

Pathetic thread
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Mickw wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:34 amPathetic thread
Glad someone can see what I see!

I’d lock the bloody thing If it was up to me, but then be accused of not letting posters say what they want! I think it’s disgraceful thread! :twisted:

Supporters?? FFS :roll:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

What a silly response above. It’s worthy of debate and quite justified isn’t it. Just because it doesn’t agree with your agendas.

For what it’s worth, being the original poster, Lam needs time and needs backing from his players who are underperforming at present. But as someone pointed there is only so far we can put up with it and the next 5 games are crucial.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ancientnloyal wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:25 am What a silly response above. It’s worthy of debate and quite justified isn’t it. Just because it doesn’t agree with your agendas.

For what it’s worth, being the original poster, Lam needs time and needs backing from his players who are underperforming at present. But as someone pointed there is only so far we can put up with it and the next 5 games are crucial.
No, the thread is ridiculous IMO & you have yours! Why would anyone want someone to lose their job?

We all knew it would be a while before the team would gel with the new structure & changed tactics! Give them a bloody break & support them instead of continually complaining. Yes constructive criticism but some of the crap spouted by so called fans is just ridiculous.

You need to live up to your name Ancient’n’Loyal!! 🤨
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I think it’s the title of the thread that’s wrong..it should be how do you think Lam is doing or some such.

My answer to that question is not very well,but have your hands tied by a stupid one year deal coupled with an average set of lads and that’s what you get.

Lam rating C-

Team rating D-
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

ancientnloyal wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:25 am What a silly response above. It’s worthy of debate and quite justified isn’t it. Just because it doesn’t agree with your agendas.

There's only so far WE can put up with it, you speak for yourself not WE.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Very few threads are "ridiculous" in the sense that freedom of speech is vital imo.

However, the simple answer is "no of course not".

Give him time.

Of course the jury is out and frustration is rife, but in all honesty did anyone actually think we would win yesterdays game beforehand?

I do think the issue is the squad. It needs 2 or 3 creative leaders who can take the game by the scruff of the neck.

In short we need to strengthen now to avoid a "Stuart Fielden" situation where we panic buy in order to stay up.

Imagine if the standard of SL was as high as it was 10 or 20 years ago? Goodnight Vienna.