relegation

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: relegation

Post by fozzieskem »

All I saw on Friday and watching the game back was a 5 min spell where Wigan had wire on the ropes,that stopped as soon as Austin reappeared,the simple truth is this Wigan has the numerical advantage and still Warrington opened the defence up like a can of peas and scored.

Was it a better performance than the Huddersfield game of course but that wasn’t hard given how atrocious they were that game.

The club have to start picking points up though where from I don’t know,the swimmer signing still makes no sense he didn’t look at comfortable but maybe a few more games I don’t know though.

I’m pretty sure we all thought the chances of London being winless by now was a high one but they’ve got 6 points and will upset a few more teams before the season end.

Leeds look in a worse state than Wigan which is a blessing and who knows how Huddersfield will fare so there are worse teams behind Wigan but points need to picked up and soon
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:12 am All I saw on Friday and watching the game back was a 5 min spell where Wigan had wire on the ropes,that stopped as soon as Austin reappeared,the simple truth is this Wigan has the numerical advantage and still Warrington opened the defence up like a can of peas and scored.

Was it a better performance than the Huddersfield game of course but that wasn’t hard given how atrocious they were that game.

The club have to start picking points up though where from I don’t know,the swimmer signing still makes no sense he didn’t look at comfortable but maybe a few more games I don’t know though.

I’m pretty sure we all thought the chances of London being winless by now was a high one but they’ve got 6 points and will upset a few more teams before the season end.

Leeds look in a worse state than Wigan which is a blessing and who knows how Huddersfield will fare so there are worse teams behind Wigan but points need to picked up and soon
Thing is with leeds theyve got some good players and i expect them to click at some point - Huddersfield are our best shot at the moment
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I’m not so sure about Leeds,they’re in a right mess,I agree about some of their players Hurrell at some point will click,he’s shown glimpses of it already but Meerrn and loloheia look lost here but as you say if they do click it should pull them clear.

The worrying thing is there’s no dead certs for relegation say as,with respect Widnes where last season it’s much closer and the sooner Wigan start to win a game or two the better
Last edited by fozzieskem on Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:24 pm I’m not so sure about Leeds,they’re in a right mess,I agree about some of their players Hurrell at some point will click,he’s shown glimpses of it already but Meerrn and loloheia look lost here but as you say if they do click it should pull them clear.

The worrying thing is there’s no dead very for relegation say as,with respect Widnes where last season it’s much closer and the sooner Wigan start to win a game or two the better
Youre right - even looking at some of the 'poorer' teams theyve got some players. London were the obvious choice but they got themselves off to a good start, hudds still seem very weak to me. Outside of that i genuinely think we are in that next lump of teams i think you could argue Wakey/Hull Kr for example have both got as good a team as Wigan
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
01tentpeg

Post by 01tentpeg »

well I have never seen such anger for a long while with in our ranks , what's going on I know the team are not performing as they should , but how can a team perform when you have a coach who is only a caretaker. how can he put a stamp on things when he as only a short time at the club plus average signings and injuries he is in a no win situation . By the time if and when the team blends he will be gone and so might we, then who will be the next coach picking up the pieces who is to blame management or what . We have over the years let good players go but have always replaced them with players as good this is not happening as of now will have to wait and see
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:33 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:12 am All I saw on Friday and watching the game back was a 5 min spell where Wigan had wire on the ropes,that stopped as soon as Austin reappeared,the simple truth is this Wigan has the numerical advantage and still Warrington opened the defence up like a can of peas and scored.

Thing is with leeds theyve got some good players and i expect them to click at some point - Huddersfield are our best shot at the moment
We have got some good players as well, we just need to play to our strengths.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

When the going gets tough, the fickle get going! :lol:
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:26 pm
josie andrews wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:48 am It’s not debate though! 😡
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/debate

Depends on your interpretation of "debate"
An argument about a particular subject, especially one in which many people are involved.
I would offer some advice. Don't read the thread if it offends or upsets you

If you don't want to read a thread because you don't like what is being said without being able to impart your own perspective or slant - just saying you are a "proper supporter" because etc etc etc then you lose any debate instantly.

Accept that people have the right (at the moment) to have differing opinions and are allowed (at the moment) to express them.
Dear Mr Voodoo,

It may have escaped your attention that all the debates on this site are possible because of people like Josie devoting their time to making it happen. I don't think quoting a definition of "debate" is necessary.

I personally don't attend every Wigan game. In fact, I'll probably see only 3 home and 5 or 6 away games this season for various reasons. (I've even been called a troll because my house has a Leeds postcode!) However, i totally understand that someone as devoted to watching Wigan as Josie is, would sound off at talk about relegation when we're only 5 games into the season. It's all part of what we call "debate".
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐