Club Statement: Shaun Edwards

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: Club Statement: Shaun Edwards

Post by Caboosegg »

DaveO although you do have valid point i feel your animosity towards IL and KS and your seemingly idolisation of Edwards as person may be heavily effecting your view,

If it does go belly up Edwards will not be clean, these comment read like someone trying to save face by posting blame elsewhere.

Why would he care about his name in league when hes a hero in RU!
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
jao711

Post by jao711 »

DaveO wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:11 pm
Wintergreen wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:43 pm Most are missing the point.

Did IL/KR go in front of a TV crew and present a coach who hadn't signed a contract?

If so why did they think this was even remotely acceptable?

What they do/don't do going forward is irrelevant to the above.
I agree. On what planet do you offer a man the coaching job, don't have him sign a contract there and then but compound matters by letting this situation persist and expect Edwards to accept the situation?

When this started to surface in the press I thought it was just the press making a mountain out of a molehill. Edwards comments were pretty innocuous but looking back I think he was dropping a huge hint to the club to pull its finger out. Despite these first comments it is clear nothing has happened since. So now Edwards patience has run out.

So has mine. With Lenegan and Radlinski.
I have to agree about giving the club a wake up call,it’s as likely a scenario as any .The man wants a commitment otherwise he’s looking for a job.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:25 pm DaveO although you do have valid point i feel your animosity towards IL and KS and your seemingly idolisation of Edwards as person may be heavily effecting your view,

If it does go belly up Edwards will not be clean, these comment read like someone trying to save face by posting blame elsewhere.

I don't know him personally, but looking at his track record, he comes across as a man of his word. Couple this with the fact he comes from Wigan and I very much doubt that he "wouldn't care" about his name.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:25 pm DaveO although you do have valid point i feel your animosity towards IL and KS and your seemingly idolisation of Edwards as person may be heavily effecting your view,

I don't care about his name in league. I have said if he instigated this his name would be dirt at Wigan which is simply stating an opinion.

And if I have a valid point how does my opinion of IL and KR make any difference?
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

If Edwards instigated this set of events it will no way dirty or stain his name in wigan! It’s a simple situation he is in. He agreed to a job, it’s not official, he will be unemployed after the WC. He wants to know what he’s doing like any other employee

Of course, Edwards will propbably be unemployed for 1 day but that isn’t the point is it.

Edwards: Legendary Player, word class rugby coach.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

jao711 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:02 pm
ian.birchall wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:50 am
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:20 am

This seems more of "we can't say nothing" than anything else, sorry but IL and Rads have had fans pants down in a big way here, the relationship between the club and SE has already taken damage and he isn't even in post yet!
If it does finally to come out that he was never in fact given a contract to sign the only answer is to force Lenagan out starting with a total boycott of the clubs next home game. This is the biggest disgrace since the club signed TAP as our coach when I gave up my seat in the West Stand after 48 years (then) as a committed supporter come hell or high water. I am hoping against hope that its all press hype but this non statement seems to suggest all the rumours on here for the past several weeks have been true and no blame can be laid at Edwards door.
Are you going to buy the club ?
Not enough money but I know a Doctor who has.
Time for you to wake up jao, unless something drastic occurs the Wigan name will not mean anything in a few years.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

DaveO wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:37 pm

I don't care about his name in league. I have said if he instigated this his name would be dirt at Wigan which is simply stating an opinion.

And if I have a valid point how does my opinion of IL and KR make any difference?
Valid as in we should have signed a contract when he was paraded.

However you have time and time again said how you think Edward is clean in this, i disagree. The wasp rumour says hes due to take over but hasnt put pen to paper.. so hes agreed a contract in principle then!!!

I personally think Edwards will do what best for him, he stated at the conference that he was the same or more than union didnt he? So if a better offer comes along and his contract with wigan is only agreed in principle then you get situations like this.

But so far we know nothing other than what Edwards has said to the media, everyone seems to have chosen sides and what they want to believe without knowing everything or even any details.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Nate90

Post by Nate90 »

Surely both parties are in the wrong and there is more to this than meets the eye?

I was looking forward to Shaun Edwards taking charge next season but even if if he still ends up going to Wigan wouldn't the relationship between Lenagan and Edwards be soured by this episode?

If he doesn't come to Wigan what should the contingency plan be? Shaun Wane and a decent attacking coach as assistant?

fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

There are two sides to this,I think Edwards has an good offer in union,and I for one hope he takes it,but I can’t get my head round why you would parade someone without a deal being signed,that’s very much down to the poor running of the club.

I think it’s time,if at all possible for Lenegan to look to put the club up for sale if not he has to reinvest heavily in terms staff as well as players
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

ian.birchall wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:28 pm
jao711 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:02 pm
ian.birchall wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:50 am

If it does finally to come out that he was never in fact given a contract to sign the only answer is to force Lenagan out starting with a total boycott of the clubs next home game. This is the biggest disgrace since the club signed TAP as our coach when I gave up my seat in the West Stand after 48 years (then) as a committed supporter come hell or high water. I am hoping against hope that its all press hype but this non statement seems to suggest all the rumours on here for the past several weeks have been true and no blame can be laid at Edwards door.
Are you going to buy the club ?
Not enough money but I know a Doctor who has.
Time for you to wake up jao, unless something drastic occurs the Wigan name will not mean anything in a few years.
Get the Ainscoughs in, They are proper minted