Club Statement: Shaun Edwards

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: Club Statement: Shaun Edwards

Post by medlocke »

Barney841 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:39 pm Shaun gone right down in my estimation.
He was one of my heroes for Wigan, best player I’ve seen play in my era.
Same here
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I'm still excited about Shaun coaching Wigan. I hope the contract situation will shortly be resolved and if it is I'm sure no realtionships have been greatly soured. Roll on 2020!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I think a lot of fans are missing something here....... now firstly ill admit i dont know exactly what has gone on.......what i do know is Shaun did say ( a few months ago)that if lam wins everything he might not be needed...... is that a himt he hadnt signed or a hint he wasnt sure???.....having watched shaun all his career he was a great player who got better with age...... he also knew the game inside out....... he could also spit the dummy out big time and underperform in meaningless games( usually pre challenge cup)......im not knocking the lad as 99.9% he gave his all for wigan but, hey, only he knows........ maybe he was hinting, im not sure
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Hate to say it but IL been showed up by Edwards he has used him to promote himself embarrassing :oops:
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

ddtftf wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:45 pm Hate to say it but IL been showed up by Edwards he has used him to promote himself embarrassing :oops:
Never go into Business with you Heros.
You could tell IL is a massive Edwards fan when he annouced it. Why else would he agree to wait a year?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

Well we still don’t know for sure what is going on - Wouldn’t surprise me if the England RU are trying to persuade him on board, but time will tell.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Looks like Lenegan is making gains today... tomorrow is a new day, I wonder what events will unfurl
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

So apparently Oral contracts count.

http://www.thisisthewestcountry.co.uk/s ... e-at-wigan
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

Perhaps its a family thing? He lives with his partner and little girl in Chiswick. Will they want to come up north?
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

One man appears to have been open and honest about the situation, the other has yet to reply. IFL will get his chance to lay his views in front of the faithful until then I stand in the corner of SE. At no point has Giz said that he doesn’t want to come to Wigan, he loves a challenge and he is going to get one if he is appointed. His only crime has been to make this a public issue rather than discussing the matter behind closed doors (he may have tried that for all we know and it has fallen on deaf ears). The facts as I understand them are that he has agreed to coach Wigan for three years during which time the club will compensate him for his efforts but unfortunately the club have failed to formalise the agreement and therefore he is currently in limbo. If I had to wait 9 months for a contract I would seriously consider if the other party was serious about offering me a deal. Over to you Mr Lenagan.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards