Club Statement: Shaun Edwards

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Club Statement: Shaun Edwards

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

ancientnloyal wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:20 pm What a mess. To add insult to injury Denis Betts is now unavailable! There is always Kieron Cunningham
What’s wrong with Millward? He’s a No 2 in Australia so he must be good!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

The fans need to hear the other side of the story before they can make a judgment regarding where the blame should lie. Hopefully, IFL will speak soon!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
jao711

Post by jao711 »

ian.birchall wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:28 pm
jao711 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:02 pm
ian.birchall wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:50 am

If it does finally to come out that he was never in fact given a contract to sign the only answer is to force Lenagan out starting with a total boycott of the clubs next home game. This is the biggest disgrace since the club signed TAP as our coach when I gave up my seat in the West Stand after 48 years (then) as a committed supporter come hell or high water. I am hoping against hope that its all press hype but this non statement seems to suggest all the rumours on here for the past several weeks have been true and no blame can be laid at Edwards door.
Are you going to buy the club ?
Not enough money but I know a Doctor who has.
Time for you to wake up jao, unless something drastic occurs the Wigan name will not mean anything in a few years.
Well Mr Birchall, you are not “a com:itted supporter come hell or high water” now but feel able to encourage com:itted supporters not to use their tickets paid for with hard earned money.Do you really think a boycott would force Mr Lenegan out.We would then need a new owner but of course you know a wealthy doctor who might be interested.Easily said.You say it is time for me to wake up but I can assure you I am a fully awake committed supporter and perhaps it is you who are dreaming.I suggest we all settle down and show a little patience and the answer will appear soon.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I honestly feel IL treats the spectators with no respect, I have on numerous occasions posted players we have signed weeks before he has announced them to the fans. Why not just tell the fans who he has signed and not try the yearly announcement of something like signing Edwards just to boost season ticket sales when he has not even got a signed contract from Edwards.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

ddtftf wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:37 pm I honestly feel IL treats the spectators with no respect, I have on numerous occasions posted players we have signed weeks before he has announced them to the fans. Why not just tell the fans who he has signed and not try the yearly announcement of something like signing Edwards just to boost season ticket sales when he has not even got a signed contract from Edwards.
He certainly does not show any respect to the fans, he is a businessman first and foremost and a devious one at that, but as long as people keep thinking the sun shines out of his backside he will continue to run theclub down and he is doing a good job of it up to now.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

jao711 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:21 pm
ian.birchall wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:28 pm
jao711 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:02 pm

Are you going to buy the club ?
Not enough money but I know a Doctor who has.
Time for you to wake up jao, unless something drastic occurs the Wigan name will not mean anything in a few years.
Well Mr Birchall, you are not “a com:itted supporter come hell or high water” now but feel able to encourage com:itted supporters not to use their tickets paid for with hard earned money.Do you really think a boycott would force Mr Lenegan out.We would then need a new owner but of course you know a wealthy doctor who might be interested.Easily said.You say it is time for me to wake up but I can assure you I am a fully awake committed supporter and perhaps it is you who are dreaming.I suggest we all settle down and show a little patience and the answer will appear soon.
If you scroll down this topic you will see I calmed down a bit after this meltdown, I am still clinging to the idea that Edwards will be here next season but if it turns out that Edwards was unveiled with all that fanfare last August and then sent on his way having been told 'we'll sort out the salary and other details later' you have to admit that there is something seriously wrong with the way the club is being run and the future is bleak.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

ddtftf wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:37 pm I honestly feel IL treats the spectators with no respect, I have on numerous occasions posted players we have signed weeks before he has announced them to the fans. Why not just tell the fans who he has signed and not try the yearly announcement of something like signing Edwards just to boost season ticket sales when he has not even got a signed contract from Edwards.
Well said
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Well I’ve heard a rumour that SE was promised money to sign RU players & that has now been refused!

Apparently he has a lot of explaining to do to the these union players!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:32 pm Well I’ve heard a rumour that SE was promised money to sign RU players & that has now been refused!

Apparently he has a lot of explaining to do to the these union players!!
They count as zero on cap apparently so would be dissapointing if this is true
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan will “probably” issue statement this week, says Edwards

TThough refusing to be drawn on direct questions regarding his future as Wigan boss for 2020, Shaun Edwards has confirmed that he has been in conversation with chairman Ian Lenagan in this week.

And he expects a statement to be issued in the coming days.

“I’m going to speak to Wigan over the next few days,” Edwards told TalkSPORT.

“I actually haven’t signed a contract with Wigan but I’ve been conversing with the chairman and we’ll probably make a press statement over the next few days.

“I’m not going to answer any questions at the moment. I need to come down to earth,” he added.

“It’s like having five Challenge Cup finals on the bounce being in the Six Nations because of the size of crowd, but I need time to think and evaluate my situation.”

Meanwhile, a legal professional says Edwards’ verbal agreement to become Wigan coach in 2020 may be considered binding.

“There is no legal requirement under English law for an employee to have a signed contract with his or her employer. An oral contract is binding,” sports lawyer Peter Stewart told the Wigan Observer.

http://www.rlnews.co.uk/wigan-will-prob ... s-edwards/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan