Club Statement: Shaun Edwards

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Club Statement: Shaun Edwards

Post by josie andrews »

Fujiman wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:22 am Can’t blame SE holding out for more money if can only afford to go to Spain for his holidays.
He likes France as well & goes regularly 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Was told last night that Edwards has signed at Wasps! Don’t know how true it is though.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Personally i have reached the stage where i could not care less if Edwards comes to Wigan or not.IL has made a complete cock up even though some on here still think he is god,Edwards not much better particularly now asking for more time to think.If he does come to Wigan i doubt he would fulfill his contract as he would not get want he wanted in terms of money for players from old tight arse Lenaghan and Edwards being the abrasive dour person he is would probably spit his dummy out so as i say i really could not care less.
Superb Chops

Post by Superb Chops »

old hooker wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:41 am Edwards not much better particularly now asking for more time to think.
It could be worse, Gary Verity is asking for 'time to heal' in his joint Welcome to Yorkshire statement - Google it to cheer yourselves up.
Back in Wigan, I'd guess it's time to look elsewhere.
AndyNick

Post by AndyNick »

Unlike many, I do follow both codes. My Union team are Wasps and I can tell you that a lot of Wasps fans are convinced Shaun Edwards will be replacing Dai Young next season. When it comes to spending ability we're sadly not in Wasps league

Whilst Lenegan had a lot to answer for hear I would call into question the character of Edwards in releasing that statement. He's basically issued a public "come and get me" invitation. The whole episode is an embarrassment but neither party in my opinion comes out well. Lenegan is shown for completely stuffing this up and Edwards for me comes out as someone who cannot be taken at his word and will happily sell out to the highest bidder.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Superb Chops wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:23 pm
old hooker wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:41 am Edwards not much better particularly now asking for more time to think.
It could be worse, Gary Verity is asking for 'time to heal' in his joint Welcome to Yorkshire statement - Google it to cheer yourselves up.
Back in Wigan, I'd guess it's time to look elsewhere.

Shane Flanagan is out of work!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Picture is getting clearer by the day. Current assessment:

1. The lack of basic competence/willingness to spin* of IL is absolutely unbelievable.
2. SE looks NOT to be a "man of his word" and is his reputation in Wigan has been tarnished forever.

Talk about a lose/lose situation. Let's hope something changes.

*take your pick
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Wintergreen wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:40 pm Picture is getting clearer by the day. Current assessment:

1. The lack of basic competence/willingness to spin* of IL is absolutely unbelievable.
2. SE looks NOT to be a "man of his word" and is his reputation in Wigan has been tarnished forever.

Talk about a lose/lose situation. Let's hope something changes.

*take your pick
Dont need to pick, you are right on both counts
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I lay pretty much all the blame on Edwards. He has spent weeks talking to the union press rather than speak with us. Any half decent human being, let alone one who owes everything to this club and this town, would have started by speaking with Lenaghan. He chose not to, indeed he acted as if the whole idea was something someone may have mentioned in the pub, which placed us in the s—-.

The contract is a complete red herring. IL was entitled to expect someone supposedly close to the town and the club, who went public with his announcement, to at the very least pick up the phone if he was getting cold feet. It was precisely because of 1) who he was, 2) his relationship with the town and club, 3) his going public to broadcast the agreement and 4) there was loads of time to paper the deal, especially while he was busy with the recent internationals.

Edwards has behaved unbelievably badly, when all he ever had to do was pick up the phone at the outset.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:55 pm I lay pretty much all the blame on Edwards. He has spent weeks talking to the union press rather than speak with us. Any half decent human being, let alone one who owes everything to this club and this town, would have started by speaking with Lenaghan. He chose not to, indeed he acted as if the whole idea was something someone may have mentioned in the pub, which placed us in the s—-.

The contract is a complete red herring. IL was entitled to expect someone supposedly close to the town and the club, who went public with his announcement, to at the very least pick up the phone if he was getting cold feet. It was precisely because of 1) who he was, 2) his relationship with the town and club, 3) his going public to broadcast the agreement and 4) there was loads of time to paper the deal, especially while he was busy with the recent internationals.

Edwards has behaved unbelievably badly, when all he ever had to do was pick up the phone at the outset.
Can't argue with any of that, EW. I really thought SE was "a man of his word" and that he was playing games with the press at first. Feeling badly let down and don't think I'd want him if he declared himself available now.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐