Club Statement: Shaun Edwards

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cow yeds

Re: Club Statement: Shaun Edwards

Post by cow yeds »

I guess you don't know then that Shaun asked on at least three occasions about a contract? Sorry to say it's the heirarchy who have been dragging their feet. As for talking to the union press, thats the game he's coaching in until 2020 what is he supposed to do stay silent. If Shaun hadn't said anything after the Ireland match IL and co would have just doddled along normally, but hey they got a wake up call.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Are you suggesting he went to the press as a cry for help? Yeah, right. Perhaps he only go on the publicity round with the club because we were holding his kid hostage?

He could have called and spoken to Rads or IL at any time he wanted. I could speak with Rads tomorrow with a bit of persistence, the club is very open.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:
He could have called and spoken to Rads or IL at any time he wanted.
Well cowyeds said he did. Three times.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

DaveO wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:03 pm
Exiled Wiganer wrote:
and where did this fact come from?

so the wigan statement about leaving Edwards alone to after the six nations as requested is a lie then DaveO?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:29 pm

so the wigan statement about leaving Edwards alone to after the six nations as requested is a lie then DaveO?
Well someone is clearly being less than straightforward.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

And after all, this is serious business. If you need to talk to someone, then you damn well make sure you do. SE and IL are not a pair of lovesick teenagers: "I rang her a few times and she didn't reply. Perhaps she hates me and is ignoring my calls. I'd better not contact her again".
DaveO

Club Statement: Shaun Edwards

Post by DaveO »

Caboosegg wrote:
DaveO wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:03 pm
Exiled Wiganer wrote:
and where did this fact come from?

Cowyeds said Edwards contacted Wigan. Not the other way around, so both statements could be true.

I also didn’t say it was a fact Edwards had done this, merely that Cowyeds said he had done so at least three times which Exiled seemed to have completely missed.

In any case Lam has said he and Edwards have been in touch regularly so, so much for no contact anyway.

If I were the cynical type I’d suggest the club saying they decided not to content him about the contract is an excuse for not doing so. If Edwards has been in contact with Lam he’s not been a recluse has he?
Bushy

Post by Bushy »

If Lenagan was not the owner, but merely an employee employed by the owner, would he still be in a job based on the last few months fiascos ?
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Are you seriously suggesting that someone who presided over championships for the first team, under 19s and women’s team last October has fallen short? Last time I looked we were a rugby club. One which has had by far its most successful super league run with IL in charge. To be honest. In any other walk of life he would have so much credit in the bank that the numpties who jump on and exaggerate the clubs mistakes would hang their heads in shame.

Edwards chose to go to the union press over and over, and to stick a knife into Wigan over and over. IL has responded with more dignity than that man deserved, he has earned our support and faith through the hard currency of success.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Edwards was at the London Skolars v Wigan game alongside Lam and Lenagan, it's still there on Wigan t.v .do you really believe they never spoke to each other?