Club Statement: Shaun Edwards

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Club Statement: Shaun Edwards

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors are aware of quotes from Shaun Edwards regarding his future contractual arrangements.

Following the conclusion of the Six Nations and Shaun’s comments, we have been seeking dialogue with Shaun directly since Sunday to clarify to Wigan his intentions.

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2019 ... 6s4cMy1.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Re: Club Statement: Shaun Edwards

Post by medlocke »

Not a very big statement
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

I suppose its better than nothing.

At least we now know the club are trying to get in touch with him to sort things out. Without this statement it seemed we weren't interested and were happy for him to look elsewhere.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

medlocke wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:50 am Not a very big statement
Or a convincing one!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

First Try Tickle wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:55 am I suppose its better than nothing.

At least we now know the club are trying to get in touch with him to sort things out. Without this statement it seemed we weren't interested and were happy for him to look elsewhere.
This seems more of "we can't say nothing" than anything else, sorry but IL and Rads have had fans pants down in a big way here, the relationship between the club and SE has already taken damage and he isn't even in post yet!
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:20 am
First Try Tickle wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:55 am I suppose its better than nothing.

This seems more of "we can't say nothing" than anything else, sorry but IL and Rads have had fans pants down in a big way here, the relationship between the club and SE has already taken damage and he isn't even in post yet!
If it does finally to come out that he was never in fact given a contract to sign the only answer is to force Lenagan out starting with a total boycott of the clubs next home game. This is the biggest disgrace since the club signed TAP as our coach when I gave up my seat in the West Stand after 48 years (then) as a committed supporter come hell or high water. I am hoping against hope that its all press hype but this non statement seems to suggest all the rumours on here for the past several weeks have been true and no blame can be laid at Edwards door.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Ok,reading that laughable “statement” is Edwards now out of contract with wales?

If so what’s the World Cup got to do with it?

Why hasn’t he started at Wigan if his commitment is over?

I think it’s clear he’s got a union job lined up somewhere hopefully this nonsense will be put to bed one way or the other today,our club and it’s not Lenegans own club, he just signs the cheques is and has become a laughing stock
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

ian.birchall wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:50 am

If it does finally to come out that he was never in fact given a contract to sign the only answer is to force Lenagan out starting with a total boycott of the clubs next home game. This is the biggest disgrace since the club signed TAP as our coach when I gave up my seat in the West Stand after 48 years (then) as a committed supporter come hell or high water. I am hoping against hope that its all press hype but this non statement seems to suggest all the rumours on here for the past several weeks have been true and no blame can be laid at Edwards door.
Surely if a contract was signed the comment would simply be "Wigan can confirm a contract is in place for 2020 and we will seek clarification with Shaun Edwards over his comments"

Lets face it SE is not the kind of guy to play games he is a straight talker my guess is that IL/Rads have maybe either changed the terms they spoke about or SE has seen all the press around williams and said "i want to know what im walking into" and theyve not been able to answer and since no contract has been signed SE has thought it might be better to not taint his legacy
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Out of curisoity is there any ban in union for people associating with league like there use to be? Couldnt that explain only verbal agreements until after the WC.

Its not a very big statement but again Fans jumping at IL and the club when there is only he said she said talk atm.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:58 am
ian.birchall wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:50 am

Surely if a contract was signed the comment would simply be "Wigan can confirm a contract is in place for 2020 and we will seek clarification with Shaun Edwards over his comments"

Lets face it SE is not the kind of guy to play games he is a straight talker my guess is that IL/Rads have maybe either changed the terms they spoke about or SE has seen all the press around williams and said "i want to know what im walking into" and theyve not been able to answer and since no contract has been signed SE has thought it might be better to not taint his legacy
Im sorry the fact that hes aired it all publically shows hes not the untouchable figure.

Hes dragged wigans name into the mud a club he supposadly cares a great deal about according to some.

He is clearly putting his name in the shop window to get the biggest deal he can.

If he wasnt coming he could have quietly gone about sorting out a new job, playing it in the media makes me think there is something else to it.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.