Salford away

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Re: Salford away

Post by ancientnloyal »

Just the defence isn’t it... can clearly see our attack is ok but deary me, hope we hold out now.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

The salty fans aren't helping
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

medlocke wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:32 pm The salty fans aren't helping
Lol...... ide love be stood at side ov him
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Well done boys
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Good win at last, defense could be a lot better but we are improving from the sounds of things, Hopefully we can kick on and get some more wins
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Good game of rugby win is a win but the defence is shocking,Shorrocks looks better at hooker than in the halves
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

How bad where the injuries to Greenwood and Clubb??
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
pedro

Post by pedro »

Greenwood seemed to run his off
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Clubbs looks bad one
EagleEyePie

Post by EagleEyePie »

Much better performance. Sure, it wasn't outstanding and there were some periods during that game where the team were making the same old errors but something seemed to change and they played with a bit more confidence.

Defence is still an issue. I know Salford are the best attacking side in Super League but we still shouldn't have conceded some of those. A schoolboy error from Manfredi right in front of his own line is just one example.

In attack though we looked dangerous. Having Greenwood fit enough to make a big impact was massive for us. Without him we really failed to threaten and back row has always been a crucial position for the way any team attacks. His ability to draw players in and get his arms free for an offload was huge for us today.

Also deserving of a mention is the front row. I thought Flower, Hamlin and Bullock collectively made a huge contribution and we were at our most dangerous with those 3 on the field. The fact that they were forced to play longer minutes due to Clubb's injury actually made us stronger. And Navarrete played much better when he returned after they laid the platform.

Leuluai is so much better than Powell at hooker that it's crazy to consider putting Powell back in. Shorrocks is making excellent cameos off the bench. It's working - it needs to be left alone.

Budgie's return is great for us. He's always been one of the best wingers in the competition when in form and despite a shaky start it's great that he was so heavily involved.

It's far from perfect, but this seems like much more of a turning point than last weeks brief resurgence when going a man down. This week we were the better team and got the victory. That's something that the club can build on.