So would we like Lam as coach...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal
Posts: 14216
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:33 pm
Location: Howe Bridge
Contact:

So would we like Lam as coach...

Post by ancientnloyal » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:09 pm

... if Edwards doesn’t come? I think the sooner this is over the better. Lenegan should shake Lams hand and talk about being coach for next season. Job done. Easy as that
Rugby, Family and Strava... that’s about it for me to be honest!

Http://ancientloyal.blogspot.com Blog about Wigan RLs Victorian and Inter-War past! Have a read! 🐦 @EarlyWiganRugby

User avatar
EagleEyePie
Posts: 131
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:42 pm

Re: So would we like Lam as coach...

Post by EagleEyePie » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:29 pm

It would be crazy for the club to offer Lam a long term deal given the dire form we're in. It might get better, it might not, but it's currently too early to know.

Since it seems Edwards is seriously reconsidering his decision to join the club the club should already be actively searching for alternatives. The suggestion seemed to be that Lam only wanted to take the job because it was a 1 year position and he could go back to his family. I don't see why that would have changed.

It seems like the club have a second chance to find a long term successor to Wane. The should actually do what they failed to do the first time, and spend time searching for the right candidate rather than spending more time searching for the interim coach.

Caboosegg
Posts: 1827
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:51 pm

Re: So would we like Lam as coach...

Post by Caboosegg » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:50 pm

Not that it would happen but Harris and Deacon coaching team 😂
The Turkeys voted for Christmas.

A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices

George Orwell

User avatar
wall_of_voodoo
Posts: 976
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:51 am

Re: So would we like Lam as coach...

Post by wall_of_voodoo » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:13 pm

ancientnloyal wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:09 pm
... if Edwards doesn’t come? I think the sooner this is over the better. Lenegan should shake Lams hand and talk about being coach for next season. Job done. Easy as that
You ask that yet started this thread: viewtopic.php?p=456996#p456996


You couldn't make it up :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:

ancientnloyal
Posts: 14216
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:33 pm
Location: Howe Bridge
Contact:

Re: So would we like Lam as coach...

Post by ancientnloyal » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:23 pm

wall_of_voodoo wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:13 pm
ancientnloyal wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:09 pm
... if Edwards doesn’t come? I think the sooner this is over the better. Lenegan should shake Lams hand and talk about being coach for next season. Job done. Easy as that
You ask that yet started this thread: viewtopic.php?p=456996#p456996


You couldn't make it up :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
It’s called debate. I assume you can’t see the sarcasm in what was typed either.
Rugby, Family and Strava... that’s about it for me to be honest!

Http://ancientloyal.blogspot.com Blog about Wigan RLs Victorian and Inter-War past! Have a read! 🐦 @EarlyWiganRugby

ian.birchall
Posts: 3116
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 9:42 pm

Re: So would we like Lam as coach...

Post by ian.birchall » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:38 am

I look back with fond regard at all those early postings from fans last autumn worrying about throwing out Lam if he won the double.
Oh happy days.
Lets hope Cats win tonight to keep us off the bottom of the table after Hastings tears us apart tomorrow after being led up the garden path in Wigans negotiations last autumn before we rushed out to buy a Championship player released by his Club when they were promoted to Superleague.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.


Now Europe is just for holidays.

thegimble
Posts: 5724
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:09 am

Re: So would we like Lam as coach...

Post by thegimble » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:17 am

No he should not.

Said last season Jason Demitrioux should have got it. If not then Powell.

josie andrews
Posts: 25869
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:17 pm
Location: Wigan
Contact:

Re: So would we like Lam as coach...

Post by josie andrews » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:22 am

ancientnloyal wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:23 pm
wall_of_voodoo wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:13 pm
ancientnloyal wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:09 pm
... if Edwards doesn’t come? I think the sooner this is over the better. Lenegan should shake Lams hand and talk about being coach for next season. Job done. Easy as that
You ask that yet started this thread: viewtopic.php?p=456996#p456996


You couldn't make it up :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
It’s called debate. I assume you can’t see the sarcasm in what was typed either.
You like using that word “debate!”
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage.

josie andrews
Posts: 25869
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:17 pm
Location: Wigan
Contact:

Re: So would we like Lam as coach...

Post by josie andrews » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:25 am

Is it any wonder the players are playing like they are?

We say it all the time ‘there’s something going on behind the scenes for them to be playing so badly’ well now we know why!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage.

shaunedwardsfanclub
Posts: 6282
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:08 pm

Re: So would we like Lam as coach...

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:48 am

ian.birchall wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:38 am
I look back with fond regard at all those early postings from fans last autumn worrying about throwing out Lam if he won the double.
Oh happy days.
Lets hope Cats win tonight to keep us off the bottom of the table after Hastings tears us apart tomorrow after being led up the garden path in Wigans negotiations last autumn before we rushed out to buy a Championship player released by his Club when they were promoted to Superleague.
But Sammut is not the problem.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards

Post Reply