So would we like Lam as coach...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

So would we like Lam as coach...

Post by ancientnloyal »

... if Edwards doesn’t come? I think the sooner this is over the better. Lenegan should shake Lams hand and talk about being coach for next season. Job done. Easy as that
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
EagleEyePie

Re: So would we like Lam as coach...

Post by EagleEyePie »

It would be crazy for the club to offer Lam a long term deal given the dire form we're in. It might get better, it might not, but it's currently too early to know.

Since it seems Edwards is seriously reconsidering his decision to join the club the club should already be actively searching for alternatives. The suggestion seemed to be that Lam only wanted to take the job because it was a 1 year position and he could go back to his family. I don't see why that would have changed.

It seems like the club have a second chance to find a long term successor to Wane. The should actually do what they failed to do the first time, and spend time searching for the right candidate rather than spending more time searching for the interim coach.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Not that it would happen but Harris and Deacon coaching team 😂
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

ancientnloyal wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:09 pm ... if Edwards doesn’t come? I think the sooner this is over the better. Lenegan should shake Lams hand and talk about being coach for next season. Job done. Easy as that
You ask that yet started this thread: viewtopic.php?p=456996#p456996

You couldn't make it up :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:13 pm
ancientnloyal wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:09 pm ... if Edwards doesn’t come? I think the sooner this is over the better. Lenegan should shake Lams hand and talk about being coach for next season. Job done. Easy as that

It’s called debate. I assume you can’t see the sarcasm in what was typed either.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

I look back with fond regard at all those early postings from fans last autumn worrying about throwing out Lam if he won the double.
Oh happy days.
Lets hope Cats win tonight to keep us off the bottom of the table after Hastings tears us apart tomorrow after being led up the garden path in Wigans negotiations last autumn before we rushed out to buy a Championship player released by his Club when they were promoted to Superleague.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

No he should not.

Said last season Jason Demitrioux should have got it. If not then Powell.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ancientnloyal wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:23 pm
wall_of_voodoo wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:13 pm

It’s called debate. I assume you can’t see the sarcasm in what was typed either.
You like using that word “debate!”
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Is it any wonder the players are playing like they are?

We say it all the time ‘there’s something going on behind the scenes for them to be playing so badly’ well now we know why!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

ian.birchall wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:38 am I look back with fond regard at all those early postings from fans last autumn worrying about throwing out Lam if he won the double.
Oh happy days.
Lets hope Cats win tonight to keep us off the bottom of the table after Hastings tears us apart tomorrow after being led up the garden path in Wigans negotiations last autumn before we rushed out to buy a Championship player released by his Club when they were promoted to Superleague.
But Sammut is not the problem.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards