Coach & Players

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Coach & Players

Post by josie andrews »

It’s quite obvious now what has derailed our season so far with all that’s going on behind the scenes.

I feel it’s time we forget about all the sh**e at management level for the short term & let’s get back supporting Lammy & the team please, they really need us 😊🏉🍒⚪️
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Bushy

Re: Coach & Players

Post by Bushy »

Do you believe that there will be a change of management soon ?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Bushy wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:37 am Do you believe that there will be a change of management soon ?
Do you mean coaching management or club management?? 😉
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Bushy wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:37 am Do you believe that there will be a change of management soon ?
No.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Bushy

Post by Bushy »

You tell me ;)
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

There will not be a change of club management, nor should there be.
The Edwards saga has turned out to be a disaster but overall I'm more than happy with IL owning and running the club. The past ten seasons have been far better than the last ten from the previous owner.
No comparison!
Bushy

Post by Bushy »

Wigan Ted,the salary cap debacle was bad enough, however to follow it up with the Shaun Edwards signing charade is shocking.I have just read that Mr Lenagan is quoted to have said that he often has done business in the past with just a handshake !!!
A very successful multiple millionaire doing very important contracts with a handshake .......or would you prefer a legal document and a pen.For me Ted,the buck stops with Lenagan and I would like to see him gone.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Bushy wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:17 am Wigan Ted,the salary cap debacle was bad enough, however to follow it up with the Shaun Edwards signing charade is shocking.I have just read that Mr Lenagan is quoted to have said that he often has done business in the past with just a handshake !!!
A very successful multiple millionaire doing very important contracts with a handshake .......or would you prefer a legal document and a pen.For me Ted,the buck stops with Lenagan and I would like to see him gone.
Key part

A very successful multiple millionaire doing very important contracts with a handshake

Employement contracts always start with a handshake/verbal agreement signing your contract is sorted by HR after.

I have no issue with the orginal agreement being Verbal, however when SE stated he wanted to be left alone until after the six nations i feel IL should have pushed for pen to paper before agreeing.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Bushy

Post by Bushy »

How many wigan players are on a handshake only deal in this current squad?
I bet the bog cleaners have put their dabs on something legal.
When we sell are best players are they sold on a handshake sort it out later deal,or a pen to paper legally binding written agreement so Mr Lenagan receives every penny owed ?
endoman

Post by endoman »

most, if not all jobs are offered on a handshake, they are pretty swiftly followed up with a contract though. Simply don't understand why this didn't happen,