U19’s v Wire Away

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

U19’s v Wire Away

Post by josie andrews »

Half time at Victoria Park

Warrington 8 Warriors 16
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: U19’s v Wire Away

Post by josie andrews »

Final score

Warrington 18 Warriors 32
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

It would have been nice of the official Wigan site to let us know the game was on. I managed to switch it on after 10 minutes after the kick off.
Very good performance but the discipline was awful.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

No straw damn us wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:03 pm It would have been nice of the official Wigan site to let us know the game was on. I managed to switch it on after 10 minutes after the kick off.
Very good performance but the discipline was awful.
It was a rearranged game. I didn’t know it had been arranged, at least I don’t remember!
I would have liked to have gone.

I thought the same re the discipline!
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Communication doesn't seem to be the club's strongest point!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:18 pm Communication doesn't seem to be the club's strongest point!
Correct. Communication by the club is at an all time low, and is appalling. They just seem happy to post stuff solely on social media, which leads to all these Chinese whispers, rumour mungering, multi sided comments and long distance drum beating. Nothing vital is ever posted to the fans and supporters of the Club, until it's a virtual 'fait compli', by which time all the world and sundry have picked up on all of the rumours.

The art of adept marketing in order to capture the wider attention, has to be communication; at one time there was regular contact to all interested parties, through all media outlets and that was loud, clear and demonstrable. Understandably, the owner needn't comment on every daily situation but surely the top man's voice has a place to be heard on major issues - it always was in the past, but all we seem to get now is a silent, non verbal posture which is a massive negative, when surely some degree of loyalty should be communicated, if any respect is to be achieved.

This leadership failure will continue to harm the Club, whilst support will continue to diminish.

PS Apologies for this post being off topic.