Samy Kibula

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian.birchall

Samy Kibula

Post by ian.birchall »

I have only seen odd scraps on WiganTV of Kibula but those who get the chance to see the under age groups seem to be split into different camps on him. Listening to WishFM yesterday it does seem that SOL is not the force he was and we need more size in the back row.
The question then is Kibula a replacement for SOL or another Greg Burke?
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
josie andrews

Re: Samy Kibula

Post by josie andrews »

No!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Young Kibula has on the face of it a lot of talent and a huge frame but he’s too nice to me,Dewsbury is perfect for him at the moment,if anything I’d loan him to them for the season he needs a place like that,real men coming at him and hopefully gathering experience.

If Wigan can harness that power he has he will be some player but at the moment,for my money he’s not quite ready for SL but fingers crossed for him
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:45 pmNo!
Josie, you cannot say no to an either or question but Fossie has answered for you.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

I said at the game yesterday that Lockers is not having the usual impact when he comes onto the field as in recent year, in fact we stepped up yesterday when Hamlin came on.

As for size, Byrne looked very big yesterday warming up, and I would be tempted to have him in the team instead of Isa. Different view for me yesterday on the side and I notice how often Isa comes out of the line and leaves a gap. Some for Sarge to who I think is lucky to be keeping Hankinson out.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

First Try Tickle wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:23 pm I said at the game yesterday that Lockers is not having the usual impact when he comes onto the field as in recent year, in fact we stepped up yesterday when Hamlin came on.

As for size, Byrne looked very big yesterday warming up, and I would be tempted to have him in the team instead of Isa. Different view for me yesterday on the side and I notice how often Isa comes out of the line and leaves a gap. Some for Sarge to who I think is lucky to be keeping Hankinson out.
Sarginson was very good yesterday, 145 metres and 23 tackles. Byrne is an out and out prop forward and a good prospect. Isa will play on Sunday as Greenwood has copped a stupid one match ban.
It was the left edge defense yesterday that was the bigger problem.
Isa was Wigans top tackler with 42 tackles.
https://www.superleague.co.uk/match-centre/report/860
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

No straw damn us wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:10 pm
First Try Tickle wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:23 pm I said at the game yesterday that Lockers is not having the usual impact when he comes onto the field as in recent year, in fact we stepped up yesterday when Hamlin came on.

Sarginson was very good yesterday, 145 metres and 23 tackles. Byrne is an out and out prop forward and a good prospect. Isa will play on Sunday as Greenwood has copped a stupid one match ban.
It was the left edge defense yesterday that was the bigger problem.
Isa was Wigans top tackler with 42 tackles.
https://www.superleague.co.uk/match-centre/report/860
One warm day does not a summer make
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ian.birchall wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:12 pm
Josie, you cannot say no to an either or question but Fossie has answered for you.
No! He’s neither a replacement for Sean O’Loughlin or is he another Greg Burke! Is that okay??
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
EagleEyePie

Post by EagleEyePie »

It's hard to tell whether Kibula will be good enough. He seems to be doing alright at Dewsbury at the moment and it's good that he's getting experience at that level and making a difference. It's interesting that he's playing at second row as it's not a position he's looked comfortable in but it will force him to do a lot more defending which should be beneficial.

If he can work on his mobility and work rate in defence then he could make it, but defence comes first in Super League and at the moment he's not at that standard and he has plenty of work to do.

In terms of his long term career in rugby league though I don't see why he couldn't be successful in the Championship where there's probably a bit more leeway for a player with his attacking skills.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

ian.birchall wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:12 pm
No :D
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐