Why Wigan Warriors need to end the Shaun Edwards saga quickly' - comment

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Shaun1967

Re: Why Wigan Warriors need to end the Shaun Edwards saga quickly' - comment

Post by Shaun1967 »

cow yeds wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:47 pm I know for sure he hasn't signed anything.
You're just trying to offset some bad news with some good news....... you patronising git! :D
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
stevo38

Post by stevo38 »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:03 pm
DaveO wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:07 pm
ancientnloyal wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:08 pm IL why aren’t the club issuing a statement?? It’s gone on too long now it’s a joke. He is or he isn’t. Let’s get attention back onto our first team progressing!

Idiot
If I had to guess it's because IL is working out how to spin the bad news by offsetting it with some ostensibly "good" news. It is the patronising way in which he does things.
Well Brett Finch claimed that the signing of Williams from Wigan was a "done deal" and with the transfer fee not counting on their salary cap - seemed strange that there is no official announcement from either club when those behind he scenes are saying contrary

Aussies cannot understand why this cannot be officially announced! Maybe with the SE fiasco and now the loss of Williams, IL is under massive pressure to offset as you say with some "good news" Maybe a new improved deal for Sam Powell? :roll: :lol:
sam powell can go with george its buy one get one free .lams even looking forward to him coming back from injury ffs
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Maybe with Edwards IL is still in negotiations with him.
As Wasps have confirmed they are talking to Shaun then there has to be real doubt he'll ever arrive.
We don't know how things are progressing or regressing so we'll just have to hope it ends up on the right side.
It could be that when IL announces SE isn't coming he also informs us who is coach for 2020. A top NRL coach would stop all the complaints that are around and if I were him that's what I'd be looking to do however long it took.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:38 am Maybe with Edwards IL is still in negotiations with him.
As Wasps have confirmed they are talking to Shaun then there has to be real doubt he'll ever arrive.
We don't know how things are progressing or regressing so we'll just have to hope it ends up on the right side.
It could be that when IL announces SE isn't coming he also informs us who is coach for 2020. A top NRL coach would stop all the complaints that are around and if I were him that's what I'd be looking to do however long it took.
We could get Wayne Bennett and people will still use it to bash the club and IL.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Caboosegg wrote:
wall_of_voodoo wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:03 pm
DaveO wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:07 pm If I had to guess it's because IL is working out how to spin the bad news by offsetting it with some ostensibly "good" news. It is the patronising way in which he does things.
Well Brett Finch claimed that the signing of Williams from Wigan was a "done deal" and with the transfer fee not counting on their salary cap - seemed strange that there is no official announcement from either club when those behind he scenes are saying contrary

Aussies cannot understand why this cannot be officially announced! Maybe with the SE fiasco and now the loss of Williams, IL is under massive pressure to offset as you say with some "good news" Maybe a new improved deal for Sam Powell? :roll: :lol:
trying to offset bad new with good news is standard business practice. its not about being patronising.

but on a real life example at my work, we have seen massive growth in the medical sector with record sales and profit... but tata steel going under has cost us XYZ in the industrial side. see bad news ofset with good news.
I wish I could show you the email my wife received announcing the planned roll out of a new IT system for schools was being delayed.

It is truly spectacular in its level of BS. It was five paragraphs of complete and utter drivel using the most ridiculous language you had to wonder if the author was taking the piss and having a bit of fun.

All to announce they were missing the deadline by a month.

So yes this goes on all the time but it fools no one. So it IS patronising. The fact some people like IL and the moron who sent that email think it’s a valid tack to take is no excuse and for me, calls into question their integrity given they are fooling no one but themselves.

Maybe I am wrong and they have worked out the majority of their audience are gullible and it’s only a minority who can see right through them. Well if so, that just means you can add cynical to the list of negative adjectives you can use to describe them.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wiganer Ted wrote: It could be that when IL announces SE isn't coming he also informs us who is coach for 2020. A top NRL coach would stop all the complaints that are around and if I were him that's what I'd be looking to do however long it took.
It’s virtually guaranteed he will announce who is coach for 2020 if he has to announce Edwards is not coming. The fact he’s not announced he is coming after all suggests to me he IL is trying to organise the replacement so he can announce who it is when he must break the bad news. As discussed above,this is how he does things. There is no reason to delay announcing Edwards as coach if he is really coming unless he is still waiting for Edwards to decide.

As to any replacement being a top NRL coach that will have been some sales pitch. Every coach out there knows Edwards was first choice and what incentive is there to give up an NRL coaching position to coach a cash strapped Wigan? I think the best we will get is an assistant coach or a former coach who been sacked like Barrett. Whoever it is, they will be coming to a side with far too many average players in it. We need a coach who can make a silk purse out of a sows ear and I am not sure there are many of those unemployed. I think Edwards might have managed it so despite it looking unlikely I still hope he comes and this saga is then reduced to wondering why IL didn’t get him to sign up front thus avoiding all the negativity.

If Lam had won every game up to now I think he’d have already been announced as the replacement. As it stands doing so would not go down well and wouldn’t allow IL to offset the bad news with the good.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Well Wasps could theoretically spoil any intended plans by announcing their signing of SE. What or why they haven't (and I am not saying he hasn't) signed for them is odd

As for Lammy, I feel sure he has commented that his family is still in Australia and they currently have no intentions of coming over here - that must be key to any speculation

I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Unless I have missed something IL is still waiting for Edwards to decide.

Farcical all round.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

DaveO wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:43 pm Unless I have missed something IL is still waiting for Edwards to decide.

Farcical all round.
It is, no one should be so disrespectful towards a club and its fans
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

I agree that the chairman is probably waiting for some good news to give us when he announces that Edwards isn't coming. I'd be happy if he came out now and said that we didn't want Shaun anyway even if we don't have a replacement ready yet. Shaun has had more than enough time and I don't think he'd be a popular appointment now. Imagine if he came and we had a poor start to the season!