Bullock living the dream

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Bullock living the dream

Post by josie andrews »

Joe Bullock reveals what it was like to be included in the England Knights Squad for the first time.

Prop forwarded previews Sunday’s game with Catalans Dragons.

“There’s a still a lot to improve on for myself and I’m far from the finished article.”

Following his call-up to the England Performance Knights Squad this week, Joe Bullock revealed he started to look at other career options before the offer to join Wigan Warriors arose.

The 26-year-old prop has been a revelation for Wigan so far in his Super League debut season, and was rewarded on Tuesday after he was included in the latest England Knights Performance Squad.

Blackpool-born Bullock has featured in all seven of the Warriors’ league games in 2019, and forward has recognised the clear contrast from when he was playing for Barrow Raiders in the Championship.

He said: “This time last year, I was starting to think what I wanted to do after rugby, as I was wondering if my time was ever going to come.

“I think for any other Championship player hoping to play in Super League, it’s about the drive and desire to keep working hard and improving.

“The speed of the game is a lot faster compared to the Championship. Super League has been a challenge, but it’s been really good and I’ve loved it.

“The difference in training has been eye-opening too. At Wigan, everything you could possible need is here and all the staff give you the opportunity to be the best and it’s up to yourself to use what they’re offering you.”

Bullock believes his side will face a tough test when Catalans Dragons visit the DW Stadium in Round 8 of the Betfred Super League on Sunday.

He said: “They are notoriously a big and strong team, but that’s one of the challenges to deal with their assets.

“They’re going to have some weaknesses that we can exploit and we’re hoping to do that on Sunday.”

Bullock will join fellow Wigan teammates Liam Marshall, Dom Manfredi, Tom Davies and Sam Powell, as the England Performance Squad will hold their first get-together of the season next month.

There will also be a number of other meetings and training sessions in the remainder of the year – with at least one home fixture being planned for this autumn, when the senior Great Britain squad are on tour in New Zealand and Papua New Guinea.

On being included, Bullock said: “It’s amazing for me. I got a call of Head Coach Paul Anderson on Monday and it was a great phone call to get at 9am in the morning!

“I was over the moon and I rang my mum and dad and my girlfriend, and they were equally as pleased. It’s been a mad journey so far.

“To come to a big club like Wigan and be being playing every week and then to get a call up to England Knights is everything I could have dreamed of!

“There’s a still a lot to improve on for myself and I’m far from the finished article.”

Tickets are still available for the Mother’s Day Clash between Wigan Warriors and Catalans Dragons. Order yours online HERE or call 01942 311111.

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2019 ... ug43edx.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ancientnloyal

Re: Bullock living the dream

Post by ancientnloyal »

I’ve heard a few urban myths about Joe Bullock.

Apparently, whilst up at Barrow he used to bench press a cow 🐄

It is also believed locally that he pushed the small steam trains from Ravenglass to Eskdale when there was a coal shortage

Anyone heard any more urban myths about him?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

He beat a racehorse in a sprint! 😉
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
billyc38

Post by billyc38 »

While carrying the same cow he bench pressed...they where good friends...there where udders but this one was his bff
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

billyc38 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:39 am While carrying the same cow he bench pressed...they where good friends...there where udders but this one was his bff
😂😂