Morgan Escare, No.6?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Woody1989

Re: Morgan Escare, No.6?

Post by Woody1989 »

Nezza Faz wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:38 am
Woody1989 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:41 am Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any room for Escare in the team at the minute, apart from backup fullback to Hardaker but he's too good just to wait for Hardaker to get injured. I don't see him as a Stand-off, I don't think he's creative enough. Hooker could be an option but with Shorrocks and Leuluai playing well at the minute I'm not sure that Lam would want to take that punt. We have more than enough cover on the wings (if anything we could do with letting one of our 4 wingers go).

It might be best to let him go, free up some space on the cap. I don't think it'd be difficult to get a buyer for him.
Or for one of our wingers (I presume that would be Marshall/Davies ?) - those four are perhaps a luxury we can't afford, despite their quality.
All 4 of our wingers (5 if you include Escare) are brilliant in their own regard but it makes no sense having that many wingers when we're deficient elsewhere. I'd let Escare and probably Davies go at the end of the season and put the money saved towards a marquee halfback to replace Williams.
stevo38

Post by stevo38 »

id prefer to use escare than powell .powell is constant penalty machine .doesent try to make any yards from play the ball .and throws some terrible passes .escare is unpredictable .has pace and does change games .he s also a threat to opposition teams which powell definatley is not reading other clubs forums they wonder how hes in our team
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Fans criticize Powell but he was a half back forced into playing hooker because at the time we had options in the halves. He learned to improve his defence and put the tackles in, this is something Escare would have to replicate if anyone seriously thinks he would or could play hooker.

Key is, he can't also lose the pace he has and also pass slowly from dummy half or he would simply become another Powell God forbid we ever have two :shock:
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

As Fozzie says, Morgan is 2nd choice fullback. The only thing I'd add is, what happens when the 1st choice fullback reverts to type if Morgan is gone?
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐