Morgan Escare, No.6?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jaws1

Re: Morgan Escare, No.6?

Post by jaws1 »

I would have him on the bench as tommy s replacement hooker he is so exciting when he comes on the pitch.Lam is probably not picking him because of the mistake he did at London Tauti made more mistakes than him but got picked .
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Escaré has the zip to move forward at the ptb but with the amount of tackling required in that role it’d be quite tough on him unless he moves onto the outside during defensive plays.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Well, the two obvious points are

a) People talk about 'moving Powell on', but he's on a contract and unless someone wanted him, we'd have to buy his contract out.

b) What has Shorrocks done wrong? Nothing. Be harsh to replace him with Escaré. And I think JS is a much better fit at 9 anyway.

The logic of it is, I fall into the "Sorry, but don't see a place for him at Wigan" category.
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Even though Shorrocks hasn't done anything wrong, I don't feel as though he really makes his mark on the game, the way Escare does when he come on.

Plus with Escare on the bench, he could cover full back, wing, or even half back.

If I was Morgan, i'd be pleading for a go at dummy half during training and working on my one on one defence.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Caboosegg wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:51 am
fozzieskem wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:08 pm I think its beginning to dawn on most that there maybe isn't a place for him now at Wigan,not with any regularity anyway, Hardaker will always be number 1,not sure why other than through injury he'd get a game in the halves and Hooker? other than he's fast I don't see him there either, maybe it is time to say thanks and let him find a club, that or loan him out for a month or two and see if the team suffers more injuries, though hopefully that's the annual injury crisis out of the way nice and early.
Every time Escare has come on the pitch the tempo has changed and we looked more dangerous.

I would personally move powell on and use Escare as sub hooker. Not because i dislike powell but if we are going to play a more attacking style Escare is the better attacking player.
So would you offload Shorrocks as well, Is he not doing a great job as sub hooker?, Time the club released Escare so he can get regular game time at another club, It's not fair on Escare being treated like he is, He should be a starting Fullback
Woody1989

Post by Woody1989 »

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any room for Escare in the team at the minute, apart from backup fullback to Hardaker but he's too good just to wait for Hardaker to get injured. I don't see him as a Stand-off, I don't think he's creative enough. Hooker could be an option but with Shorrocks and Leuluai playing well at the minute I'm not sure that Lam would want to take that punt. We have more than enough cover on the wings (if anything we could do with letting one of our 4 wingers go).

It might be best to let him go, free up some space on the cap. I don't think it'd be difficult to get a buyer for him.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Woody1989 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:41 am Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any room for Escare in the team at the minute, apart from backup fullback to Hardaker but he's too good just to wait for Hardaker to get injured. I don't see him as a Stand-off, I don't think he's creative enough. Hooker could be an option but with Shorrocks and Leuluai playing well at the minute I'm not sure that Lam would want to take that punt. We have more than enough cover on the wings (if anything we could do with letting one of our 4 wingers go).

It might be best to let him go, free up some space on the cap. I don't think it'd be difficult to get a buyer for him.
Or for one of our wingers (I presume that would be Marshall/Davies ?) - those four are perhaps a luxury we can't afford, despite their quality.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

medlocke wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:39 am
Caboosegg wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:51 am
fozzieskem wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:08 pm I think its beginning to dawn on most that there maybe isn't a place for him now at Wigan,not with any regularity anyway, Hardaker will always be number 1,not sure why other than through injury he'd get a game in the halves and Hooker? other than he's fast I don't see him there either, maybe it is time to say thanks and let him find a club, that or loan him out for a month or two and see if the team suffers more injuries, though hopefully that's the annual injury crisis out of the way nice and early.
Every time Escare has come on the pitch the tempo has changed and we looked more dangerous.

I would personally move powell on and use Escare as sub hooker. Not because i dislike powell but if we are going to play a more attacking style Escare is the better attacking player.
So would you offload Shorrocks as well, Is he not doing a great job as sub hooker?, Time the club released Escare so he can get regular game time at another club, It's not fair on Escare being treated like he is, He should be a starting Fullback
I havent said that but shorrocks has played well for a couple of games so far and does look promising. However Escare isn't a developing youth (which Shorrocks still is due to his bad luck with injury and form.)
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

It does seem there’s an element here of Escare must play..no matter where,no compelling reason for him to be hooker other then he’s fast,for me Shorrocks looks a far better long term bet there but no Morgan must play..

So let’s see he’s

5th choice winger

4 choice in the halves

3 or 4th choice at hooker

And second choice fullback,

We are a bit light in the prop department so he could fit in there maybe?

I just think he’s a jack of all trades type of player good enough to fill in but not good enough to strike a claim for a place in his own,honestly I’ve no axe to grind with him but there are so many players ahead of him I just don’t see where he can play,if anything with the reduction of interchanges it’s hit him hard,that and I’m not sure Lam knows what’s best for him either
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

He was a very strange signing in the first place ,he's as far from a wane player as you could get.
There's quite a few players that need moving on at the end of the season and I'm afraid he would be one for me.
Until then he's only get any game time when we're down to the bare bones.