IL and KR again

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: IL and KR again

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

I am not a big Wane fan but I can honestly say that we would have won that game tonight if he had been in charge. Our defence and commitment has got to be challenged, Lammy has to take some responsibility. IFL and KR are not responsible for that!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Don't agree injuries lost us the game tonight
acwrlfc

Post by acwrlfc »

So was Lammy the right appointment on a short term basis, given his attacking instentics
acwrlfc

Post by acwrlfc »

I started this thread after my discussions today

I am as Wigan as they come BUT

I'm totally frustrated and p"ssed off with all the goings on at the club and without doubt I want answers from the top IL/KR.

Under Wanes leadership I moaned about all the injuries we incurred and this season it hasn't changed or improved, so is it down to smaller players trying to play above there weight IL/KR?
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

acwrlfc wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:58 pm I have today been in discussion with a legend of the club and some of the things he told me was both astounding and a total eye opener.

He confirmed all my thoughts on the management team of the Club and its complete lack of ambition.

I ve followed this club for over 50 years and today i felt for the first time was is the point of buying a season ticket when ii was told the Owner is just content to be competitive.

For me KR was a great player and "another " legend of the club but now for me is just looking after himself in this comfortable job.

On a final note i am glad to see the back of Hamlin the smallest overrated but enthuastic forward we have had in a while, another one of KRs signings because of the wigan connection.

Kr is to nice of a man for that role thats why our cap is so high he cant release players who have come through the system.
Ok, so how do you explain their success?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
acwrlfc

Post by acwrlfc »

Players played for a coach, relationship between coach and owner broken.
Different targets set and not as we are supporters want.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

DaveO wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:15 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:02 pm I never understood why Hamlin was so well thought of by fans,the club had just as good if not better in the academy
He made an impact on his first full game IIRC (which Wane wasn't pleased about as driving it in was not to plan) but then why would not another young player Wigan produced have done the same?

Unless they are young players clubs are fighting over, like Bateman, why would you sign a young player when you are supposed to have a production line of your own, especially a young player from Aus who you simply can't know anything much about?

I made the same argument when we signed him. Why are we signing young overseas players? We didn't just sign him. We signed Navarette and Escare as well around the same time. Were these outstanding young prospects? Nope.

I do not think the club manufacture a team from the academy. I never have. I always think you need a balance of home grown v recruited players but the last recruits you should be making are bang average young players when you have your own supposedly much vaunted production line. If you recruit, recruit proven players to add experience.
Can’t disagree with any of that,as you say need balance but in Hamlins case was he really better than what was here I’m not so sure.

Lenegan used the words when they let Dom Crosby go it was “cost effective”when speaking about Escare and Navarette which I found staggering,it may well have been but you dont tout that sort of language when talking about transfers
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

acwrlfc wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:58 pm I have today been in discussion with a legend of the club and some of the things he told me was both astounding and a total eye opener.
So what did he say then that was astounding and a total eye opener?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Fujiman wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:29 am
So what did he say then that was astounding and a total eye opener?
On Tuesdays and Thursdays players must provide their own lunch and pay for their own training kits to be laundered :!: